what would be the problem....

That past few times ive taken my diana out, I have nearly avoided getting into nasty accidents! :aigo:

The accelerator sticks... I have tried braking and pressing on the gas to get it unstuck... god that is so scary.... especially while in LA traffic....:3d_frown:

So anyways... what should i check or have checked before i take her out again... cuz im stuck at home without her.

PLease any suggestions or advice would be great....

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Maybe it'd help if you stopped referring to the car in the female vernacular ;)

Seriously, don't drive until you get this resolved. Carefully examine the linkage, including the cruise control part. Try splitting the system up by disconnecting the link to the throttle body (it just pops off) and see if that helps...

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Check from the pedal up to the TB, probably easier to start from the TB and work your way back and it's more likely for something to be sticking up there. Did you take a look at anything yet?

nightmare

Sep 19, 2008
Southern Indiana
Im not for sure how close the PCV piping is to the throttle on a N/A. But I had the oppisite problem on my turbo model. I couldn't press my accelerator down. I had to drive like a grandma until I could get to a parking lot:biglaugh:. But the previous owner hacked up the PCV pipe and it fell over into my throttle linkage(the part that bolts to the valve cover). I've since that.. re-did the PCV routing and put new hose clamps on. And haven't had any problems.
Oh... and you're lucky it's not a turbo model.... Then it'd be real scary!:aigo:

Boombastic

Proud mk3 Owner
Dec 10, 2008
Maple Ridge, BC, Canada eh?
My problem may be the same as yours. The stupid signature 7m lame a$$ double bracket throttle thing is worn on mine, so if I stomped on it the pieces above the valve covers would bunch up and stick lol.

Solution:

I compressed everything downwards and filled in the gap on the center pin with tightly woven electricians tape. Works better then ever...

j3pz

still learning
^^^ i had the same problem. the nylon bushing in the throttle linkage wore out and allowed the plates the make up the linkage to slip over each other when trying to open the throttle.

my fix was to get a piece of solid copper wire,and make a ring for a new bushing. its was temporary as i dont believe the copper will take the constant abuse.

Boombastic

Proud mk3 Owner
Dec 10, 2008
Maple Ridge, BC, Canada eh?
j3pz;1200787 said:
^^^ i had the same problem. the nylon bushing in the throttle linkage wore out and allowed the plates the make up the linkage to slip over each other when trying to open the throttle.

my fix was to get a piece of solid copper wire,and make a ring for a new bushing. its was temporary as i dont believe the copper will take the constant abuse.

lol quality 5 min repairs

oK... if you can make it out. these are pictures i took of the engine part of the TB.

I could hear the metal clink when I press the gas pedal just to see how it felt like. it all feels tight and smooth. not loose at all. and i didnt see anything but dirty parts...lol. I hope i can get it cleaned soon. its embarrassing when i pop the hood to check anything.

So if any of you can make out the phone pics... and if you need better ones.. i see a camera i can use with flash even...:evil2:

jTHANKS for the help!!!:1zhelp:

Attachments

• Patti_121108_002.jpg
    Patti_121108_002.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Patti_121108_001.jpg
    Patti_121108_001.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Patti_121108_003.jpg
    Patti_121108_003.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Patti_121108_005.jpg
    Patti_121108_005.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Patti_121108_004.jpg
    Patti_121108_004.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 9

nightmare

Sep 19, 2008
Southern Indiana
I don't see anything that would cause it to stick from the pics. You might check up around the gas pedal and make sure it's not catching on something. It'll help alot if you can have someone watch the throttle cables under the hood while you press the accelerator. And try to re-create it sticking. I don't think there's anything in the throttle body that could make it stick. It's hard to say for sure... It could be the cable itself sticking. But it looks to be in ok shape in the pics. It's definatley a dangerous thing... so I'd start from the pedal all the way to the throttle body. Good luck....