what to do with the 82?

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
hey everyone i recently picked up an 82 from the junkyard for $600 bucks not running of course. troubleshooted it down to the fuel pump, after getting the fuel pump installed the car had a TERRIBLE knock. took the head off the cams are scored badly i highly doubt anything from it is salvageable, i still have not pulled the block. it was originally bought to be a bomber car at the local dirt track but i found a good deal on a nova with the cage and everything for a 1000.

the 82 body is fairly decent except a dent in the driver front fender, pretty simple fix. what do you think i should i do as far as the engine is concerned? another 5m? should i drop in a 7mgte? or do a 1jz swap in it? thanks,

Zach

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
yeah, i already have a 7mgte block and the parts to build another motor, id like to keep it a stock 7mgte. the thing is i had plans for that other motor to put into my 89 toyota pickup. however the 22r has been a reliable motor for me and i do not have any reason to pull it. looks like the 82 will most likely be getting a stock 7mgte :] i'll take some pictures of it whenever i get time. interior can use some work though :[