What tires to get?

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
I haven't seen a thread on tires lately, and since tire models change all the time, I was wondering what folks were rolling with nowadays. I currently have a set of stock-size Kuhmo Ecsta SPT's, but they are a z-rated tire and with my car lowered, they wear very unevenly. I don't drive the sup in snow, and I try to avoid rain as well. I've done a few unintentional 180's in sups over the years, so something that would minimize those little trips would be great. I don't drag race, street race or do over 120.

So what are you rolling with that you like or what are you rolling with that you hate..

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
I've got stock sized Goodyear Eagle GT's. These are all season tires. They have a good amount of grip, I've never hydroplaned in them, but I also try not to drive in rain just because. I definitely don't drive in snow though. The front tires are definitely wearing faster than the rear tires, but this may be because I like turn a little faster than most people, but it is a Supra :). They haven't been rotated properly either thanks to my local Firestone where I had the car aligned. I had just rotated the tires and told them not to rotate them when they did the alignment, but the did anyway so that means the set on the front has about 11k miles on the front and only about 2k miles on the rear. This is also probably a factor in the front tires wearing more than the rear. The ones that have been mostly on the rear are wearing perfectly and the front ones have more wear on the outer edge than inner edge and a little bit of cupping as well.

Eskimo

Aug 16, 2011
Moscow Mills, MO
I have bought the nexen n3000 also I'm pretty happy with them. I have bad wear up front but I need a rack. the nexens up front and nitto nt555 on the rear I did drive it in the snow but only because I had to and the tires did fine. tread wear isn't all that great though but I also like to slide around some corners. I have put nexens on my truck they are quiet cup a little

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
Well I decided to go with the Michelin Pilot SPT A/S-3's. I almost went with the Kuhmo Ecsta PA10s, but everyone says the Michelins will last longer. Also, shockingly, this tire center fixed the camber issues in the rear and I think this car has the best alignment since it was stock. It was just a struggle to find someone to take the time to make it right. So I finally took it to the freeway and it rode and handled real well. :icon_bigg