What the hell is my supra's problem. :)

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
So...
You've checked all those items(none of which were recommended) with no luck,
and not done the only two things which were repeatedly suggested...
...got it.

Welp...keep us posted.

silverhornet

Dec 8, 2012
Wales, Cardiff
Nice one sarcastic. Really no need in that, get some rush from it? Being a big man? Not cool.

To reply, ive owned the car with problem for a month or two now i did those tests when i got it and those changed. I then didnt know what eles to do. so i moved to doing the rust problem and modifiying the whel well, and havent touvhed the engine since.
Al

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
silverhornet;1901884 said:
Nice one sarcastic. Really no need in that, get some rush from it? Being a big man? Not cool.

Not sure that was his point.....

He is a very respected person in our community and is simply trying to open your eyes in to doing the test we asked you too. You asked for our help we tried and you didn't follow our instructions so there's nothing more we can do for you at the moment.

He was trying to push you to see that. Some peopleneed extra help.

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
silverhornet;1901793 said:
Well i changed the tb and tps, no fault codes now.
Tighted boost pipes from i/c to 3000 pipe, all were fine.
Replaced filter and fuel pump. (not sure if i need to do the j tube mod?)
Put new plugs in
checked maf sensor by unplugging it.

Need to do timing check and exhaust blockage check

On a side note, the previous owner has badly repaired what im sure is the water temp sensor wire, ill have to redo that, that wouldnt make the car run crap if it wasnt connected?

I want a devorced downpipe from tuebo, seen some on ebay from ca, they any good, heard theres good gains?
Thats about it so far. Car was sat for a year when i bought it, that could cause the cat to collapes maybe?

Thanks again for all help.

Alex

You don't need to do the j tube mod, that's for cars making more power/flowing more fuel than stock.
Check your timing already, it's probably not right. Not that annoying to do either.
If you have no cats, I doubt you have an exhaust blockage of any sort. If you have the stock DP then yes you do, and I'd replace it with a DDP just because that's what you seem to want to do eventually anyways.

Depends which one. The one that goes to the ECU? It will be stuck in warm-up mode, which isn't the end of the world. It won't cause the problems you are seeing.
The one that goes to the dash? No, you just won't see what temperature it is, the gauge will spike.

Some people have had good results with ebay DDPs but I wouldn't do it.

The next thing you should do is check your timing, please come back with results on that ;)

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta

Well, I WOULD have gotten a rush from it, but you called me out on it, and now I feel dead inside.

Actually, I use sarcasm to mask frustration. I wanted to hear that you checked what was asked of you, and that it helped. I get a rush from THAT.

To reply, ive owned the car with problem for a month or two now i did those tests when i got it and those changed.
I don't know what you were trying to say here- Those changed? What is 'those'? You changed cam and ignition timing?
Also, someone has suggested changing coils. Dunno if that would be necessary. Are you experiencing any stuttering or engine miss during hard acceleration?

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
Still on the factory ic pipes? The one that goes from the fender to the 3000 pipe has been known to split at the seam... Mine did twice before i upgraded to a hard pipe kit

87suprat

Sep 11, 2012
salem
hey man.. I had a problem like what your going through, it was my knock sensor wiring. I had to do a re-wire. mine didnt always through codes either. But that usually makes your car run super rich and if your turbo is glowing your probably to lean. Fuckin supras! there bad ass but a mother to work on.

silverhornet

Dec 8, 2012
Wales, Cardiff
GOOD NEWS
Today i was board and set out on finding what was causing the supra's lack of power. so i looked into the timing. Took all what needed to come off, off. and well instantly saw my issue.

Look at TBC (Bottom crack pulley lined to 0.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1903022_1.jpg

Inlet cam
p1903022_2.jpg

Exhaust Cam
p1903022_3.jpg

No problem i undone the belt (was real loose) turned the exhaust cam two teeth and placed belty back on
p1903022_4.jpg

I noticed when turning the engine over before i adjusted the timing, it was easy to spin over by ratchet. Now ive done the timeing its harder. which is good.

Started it up and it revs and sounds great... However there is a real big knock. Heres the video, Fast and loud with flames.

Now only issue, aswell as knocking is the idle. It doesn;t want to idle much, would rather cut. however if you slowely reduce the revs to idle it'll idle all day long. if you slam the throttle then let go instead of going back to idle will cut. Ideas?

Also does anyone here have one of these? im going to buy one, heard great results.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330850333970?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I need new rear calipers and rear disc's any good supliers?

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Can't make out the knock you speak of because the video is a constant massive rev.
However, if the knock wasn't present before the timing adjustment, then it's something you touched.
I suggest you check the cam gear bolts and tensioner bolt to verify they are indeed tight.

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
Do you have fire on all 6 plugs ? Mine was a 5 cylinder once and I had to make myself check that the plugs were all firing, to finally figure it out. As for the DP, I have the BIC version of that. It's great and loud under boost. Check youtube for a vid if you haven't already.

silverhornet

Dec 8, 2012
Wales, Cardiff
No i havent checked youtube, didnt cross my mind. Also. Do these have icv's? Where can i locate it and how do i test it. as i think its causing the shite idle.

Al