What the hell did I miss....

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
If people are going to take it so personally that they are going to hate someone because of an argument on a forum. Then they have more pressing matters to deal with.

I may not have seen eye to eye with some of the members on here, and I got frustrated more than once with the situation. But I don't hate anybody and I don't have no ill will towards any of them. They have there reasons and I understand that.

We've all gotten in to arguments with our brothers and sisters, but were still family. This is my supra family.

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
Yeah man, We are still family.

I disagreed with some of those pics too, but I do not hate anyone.
We just have to deal with it and move on.

Like Dirgle was willing to bet that I registered as Jesus Christ...I dont hate him...I just hate his fucking guts.......Just joking..
Its all good...:bigthumb:

Cheers,
Roy

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
I think the 'get over it' crowd is missing the bigger part of the picture. To me (and John, I'm certain), religion is a very personable thing. I have no fear in saying there is nothing more important to me than my relationship with God. Nothing.

When I read what John had first written, I thought he had simply asked that the pictures be removed because he thought they were offensive (as did I). But instead a lot of people piled on. Some even commented how he & other christians were weak in both body & mind because they believe in God. It turned into a Christian hate fest, probably the most disrespectful and offensive thing I have ever read.

It has shown me a lot about the age difference between myself & the majority of the others here. I have learned to dismiss a lot of comments (like being weak in body & mind) that come from kids less than half my age. I have a college education, own my own business (structural design group) & fought as an Infantryman in three different wars/conflicts (Operation Just Cause, Desert Storm, Operation Iraqi Freedom), yet I'm a completely devout christian. I fail to see how I'm weak in body & mind and I challange anyone to point out what would cause me to be.

I fail to see what caused the pile on of John. He is one of the most knowledgable persons regarding MKIII's that I know, and yet because he's a Christian, he was shown no respect.

TopSecret

"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
can we please let go of this topic... my goodness.

there will always be people that believe in god, there will always be people that do not... there will always be wars cos of religion... there will always be people picking on others this way or another cos of this and that...

there are people that find pictures of hitler funny... or change them to make them funny... i do not agree with them but i let them laugh... all in all it is too much effort to argue about it... at least imo.

why?

cos everybody wants to be 'right', everybody thinks his or her way/opinion/ religion/ way of life is the best one, the right one... it won't change anytime soon cos, face it, mankind in general is damn fucking stupid... too stupid to accept someone's opinion, too stupid to accept someone's religion, too stupid to just live in peace etc...

what you guys have here is war... you dont use weapons or tanks or fighters but it is a war... of words.
look at it... think about it... its the same shit that is happening all over the world:
'i believe in god' - 'bwahahaha, god doesnt exist, you idiot' - 'oh you bastard, i'll kill you' - 'why? you know i am right' - 'no, you are not, i am'... bam, you have another nice little war going on.

if people wanna make 'fun of' something, something they dont believe in... let them do it... it is called humor and everybody has a different kind of humor.

we all do bleed, everybody's blood is red, we all fall in love, we all love cars, we all have good and bad days, we all laugh and cry, we all have to die one day... so do we have to waste our time arguing about shit like that?

so please people, get over yourselves and move on.

Last edited:

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
tte said:
Damn Mark,

Didnt know you fought in those wars...kewl.

Cheers,
Roy

LOL, kewl.:biglaugh: I wasn't out of basic for more than two months when I was dragged into OJC. Don't remeber much from that one other than getting slapped around by my fire team leader. I really shouldn't have been in that one because my order to Ft Campbell were screwed up when leaving Ft Benning Ga. I was supposed to be assigned to the 187th Inf at Ft Campbell, yet my orders sent me to the 87th Inf in Panama. :icon_conf

After being at Campbell for less than a year, it was off to Saudi/Iraq for almost a year. My wife had our first of two kids & it was time for me to hang up the spurs, so to speak.

After being out for a year, I joined the Florida NG as a Forward Observer in Aug 2001, all the while thinking that there was no way I'd be pulled into another one. :umno:

We came down on orders to Iraq a month before I could have gotten out (I had planned on re enlisting anyway). Trip #2 to the big sand box.

I did get out after returning from OIF. Too much time away, but I'm currently scheduled to go to SFAS again (Special Forces Assessment & Selection, I went & was selected before getting out of active duty). If I'm selected I'll rejoin finish out my retirement requirements. If not, I'll say that I tried to completely a lifelong dream, albeit late in life.

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
TopSecret said:
can we please let go of this topic... my goodness.

Agreed 10000000%

And Lanky read what I posted in the mod section about it.

Also...Bella...I will fight you
boxer.gif

TopSecret

"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
Loki said:
Also...Bella...I will fight you
boxer.gif

fight me? why would you wanna fight me? *looks around innocent like*

if you wanna fight for me, then that is very cute and you would even get a
th_kiss.gif
... :biglaugh: ... otherwise... I will fight back
fencing.gif

(guys, we are missing some very important smilies here)

steve_mk3

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
middletown, NJ
I rarely post-
have been a member for a long time 3+ years.

I think we need to learn from the threads and posts about the original Jesus thread, the MCD thread and this one.
1- This is not a free speach forum
2- there are discussions that should be locked quickly as the subjects will only cause conflicts. I dont think a respectful conversation about Jesus is a problem, but as soon as it becomes a hate fest, we lose valuable members.
3-This is a forum for the car we love, THE MKIII SUPRA-
4- We have lost so many excellent members, we need to preserve this community, any activity that disrupts or causes us to lose more family members can not be tolerated.

I am not going to address any of the specific posts or quote any of my fellow members. I am disappointed that we are in a state of conflict over something that should have been stoped so quickly.

I hope we can continue to build the best place for a MK3 owner to come and learn/contribute/meet great people.

Lets learn from this and move on.

Steve

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
Yeah...this is a great supra site...I am sure everyone agreeds..When the site was down I bet fellow supra owners missed coming on here. I did...
Maybe the site went down so all of us could think n learn...

Mark..Bet you were one of the first people to see "JARHEAD"

Cheers,
Roy

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
Now i know why i like this site so much.., i just realized there was no mk4 section. i just bookmarked the 7m page and never looked back:icon_bigg that explains alot... hehe

Last edited: