What speakers to get also what about the connectors?

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I plan on replacing my 2 front speakers and 2 rear speakers in my 91 mk3, my main concern is connecting it to the stock cables do I have to worry about them being coaxial or anything like that or are they all the same? Also do I have to worry about wattage I do not plan on getting a full system with an AMP and subs I just want to replace the speakers. I was thinking about getting these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000P0PF9G/ but not sure if it will fit since it is coaxial.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
No you don't need to worry about them being coaxial. All it means is that there are two speakers along the same linear drive axis(one is built into the other). The connection is the same as a regular speaker.

doonsuka

May 27, 2011
AZ
simmi;1922255 said:
Polk Audio DB651 6.5-Inch Coaxial Speakers are you can go for this..
Do these fit the doors and the back with no modification?

Last edited:

Poboy69

Apr 20, 2009
Texas
Focal K2 Power FTW!!! These will fit with some minor modification. Although you would want an amp for these, but they're worth it!!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
I never tried kenwood speaker I have one of there touch screens and it good but I never tried there speakers or amps. I have a kenwood excelon series sub I'm the supra and it hits real good. But I always liked alpine polk audio, infinity kappa is very good and so is focal
I would start any system off of a good head unit and good amp. A good clean amp will make ok speakers sound good

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Yeah I have the kenwood DNX6160 in the truck and it sounds great (did the 6X9 door mod in all four doors) and i kept everything kenwood. but with the speakers in the Supra being so much smaller I would like better sound over brand matching, I bought the same head unit for the Supra so that I won't get confused between the the two vehicles lol

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
I got the kenwood ddx419 in the truck with all kicker speakers and alpine sub and amp. It sounds great.

I wish I bought the sane head unit for the supra I get confused between the too lol the only thing I hate about the radio in my supra is there no knob to lower the volume it's two little buttons and the bitten in between lower and higher volume is the source button so I always hit it when changing the volume so I will be listening to my iPod and it will switch to radio... Very frustrating....

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Time to get a new radio lol. I am thinking about buying my friend's Pioneer Appradio 2 head unit but there are some stupid features on it that I don't like, so I don't know if I should get a touch screen since the radio in our cars is not in a great location to begin with.

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Yeah I love mine in the truck and foresaw that confusion (had a pretty bad head injury could years back) so to avoid it I just bought the same exact one lol

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
No there not in a great location I have a new pioneer touch screen in mine. It sounds great I even downloaded a toyota symbol in the radio so it looks oem when u turn it on.The only thing that sucks is the volume no knob to lower it. It has pandora on it so when I plug my phone i get no commercial from pandora it's cool

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Zrain25;1927776 said:
No there not in a great location I have a new pioneer touch screen in mine. It sounds great I even downloaded a toyota symbol in the radio so it looks oem when u turn it on.The only thing that sucks is the volume no knob to lower it. It has pandora on it so when I plug my phone i get no commercial from pandora it's cool

Dude I wish mine had pandora on it :/ I just discovered sirius satellite radio and I like it except the cost
I just added the ford badge on the one in my truck couple weeks ago, will prob do the same thing with the Supra