What size cone air filter fits a stock 7mgte

chris89

May 31, 2005
Columbia, MO
I'm going to order a new air filter for the supra. I just need to know how big the filter needs to be? I'm guessing 3". Am i correct? Once this is answered.Delete this thread once it's answered please.

Neal

Jun 15, 2007
Melbourne
I KNO K&N make replacment filters for our car..because ive got one. not to sure about the part number though.

But what sort of filter are you really ordering standard or aftermarket one that sucks in the hot air from the bay...

chris89

May 31, 2005
Columbia, MO
I'm looking for aftermarket. There's already an afm adapter on it and im guessing it's 3in and yes its gonna be under the hood and i'de prefer a foam style filter. I've been looking all over the internet. They're pretty uncommon.

chris89

May 31, 2005
Columbia, MO
I just went out to measure the air filter and the afm adapter is only 2.5". Is that normal? I wanna get a new adapter. Will the NA adapter work on a Turbo afm?

chris89

May 31, 2005
Columbia, MO
x87SUPRA87x;1150085 said:

I'm not sure of what to look for on ebay. I can't find a turbo afm adapter on ebay. I'm talking about the adapter alone. Could u help me find one?

Thank you

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
- Foam filters suck as they fall apart and those small pieces hitting a turbo blade WILL cause damage because of the speeds involved.

- The adapter might not be ideal, depending on how much you want to spend, (remember, being cheap here means AFM damage and turbo damage) you could just get a better kit like the Apex'i...