What is the worst mistake you have ever done to your supra?

driftboi

Jun 3, 2007
Seattle
ILikeCarsYesIDo said:
Yeah I just installed my oil filter relocation kit and I definitely made sure to pay attention the INs and OUTs. Did you also run it through the stock oil filter hardlines?

If I remember correctly, on the adapter to the block, the middle one is the IN and the one towards the edge is OUT. I have mine set up to OUT of block > IN to relocated oil filter > OUT of filter > IN oil cooler > OUT oil cooler > IN adapter at block.
yea I Installed the adapter to the OEM filter line.

cry4me_sky

Apr 28, 2007
selah
iwannadie said:
I forget what I was doing at the time, but I had most of the cooling system out and broke a Tstat bolt and some other stuff. I got it all back together and excited to fire it up after being down so long, I forgot about a shop towel... The towel was sitting near the Alt. belt and some how got caught up in it. It popped the belt right off, didnt hurt anything but made my heart sink when the motor died after I thought I fixxed it all up lol.

I had my front tires off doing my break upgrades and didnt pay attention when I put them back on, had them on the wrong sides. Lowered the car down, went inside got all cleaned up ready for a test drive. Then, noticed the tires on the wrong sides....
ther first time i replaced my tires the place put the rear wheels on the wrong sides.... then i got snow tires recently and the rear and front wheels are on the wrong sides so all of the saws go backwards....... it FREAKING says left and right on the freaking wheel wtf????

Stonedaily

Dec 11, 2007
Long Beach, CA
Datsrboi said:
What is the worst mistake you have ever done to your supra? What did you do wrong during your build etc etc.

Make me feel better for what I just did. Don't be shy. :)

myself and 2 of my friends replaced the engine, and head gasket. replaced all radiator hoses, water pump etc..... and forgot to change the radiator itself. of course, head gasket blew, and had to do it all over again. LOL

this time we replaced the radiator

supra_kid101

Oct 28, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
When I bought my first Supra I drove it home from Knoxville. (30 mile trip) It was low on oil but I didn't know anything about it but about 12 miles from home it started knocking then there was a loud explosion...My #1 rodcap went through the side of the block creating a big hole. Only got to drive the car 30 minutes lol. Took 6 months to fix. Never made the mistake since...