What is the RAREST MKIII Supra?

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
I wanted a 92 Teal so bad when i was trying to find my Supra. But for some odd reason no one wants to sell them :p
I would think in the North American market the 92 Teal Turbo Shadow Grey would be one of if not THE rarest.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
supraguy@aol;1843956 said:
Saw what I thought was a weird thing in the junk yard the other day,
A 1987 Supra na, with a power sunroof, that retracted INTO the car, and not above the roof.
I assumed it was aftermarket.
Sunroof on my Mk2 does that. It's neat and all, but I prefer the more common Mk3 Sunroof that angles up, like the FC3S sunroof. IIRC, the early model sunroof cars were an ASC conversion. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

encomiast;1843964 said:
Anyone here having dark green mica (code 6L9, almost black) in their 7M-powered MKIII? I've got that and it's quite rare over here in Europe. It's a '92 7MGTE A/T targa top with black leather / shadow gray interior. Plus it's European/German spec, which means: slotted front lip, folding mirrors, rear fog lights, white/amber turn signals and so on.
AFAIK, outside of Europe only the JZA70 got that color, but I might be wrong...
Sounds like a sweet car, I was unaware that 6L9 was ever offered on anything other than the JZA70. North America never even got that color...

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
My buddy's mom was driving a '92 turbo, red w/ grey leather and sunroof. I personally haven't seen another like it...it's in amazing condition. She traded it in for an '06 G35x because she couldn't fit the grandkids child seats in the back of the Supra. So now it's on their dealership's lot waiting for a Supra lover to pick it up. They don't have it listed cheap, but you'd be hard pressed to find one in nicer condition.

Pics of the car:
http://www.alautosales.ca/main_carSingle.php?car=277

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
RazoE;1843909 said:
Mojagony Pearl 89's are probably the rarest, not too many of those around (yes that's a factory color with body-colored moldings)

toyota_supra_86_4J7_02.jpg

As a collective, then 92's are not as rare as one may think, as there were only 1192 produced for NORTH AMERICA, there were many others around the world.

However, '93 MKIII's do exist, but in Japan only.

LOVE that color.
Didn't even know it was a factory option, as I've never seen one.

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
MNBmk3T;1843974 said:
I wanted a 92 Teal so bad when i was trying to find my Supra. But for some odd reason no one wants to sell them :p
I would think in the North American market the 92 Teal Turbo Shadow Grey would be one of if not THE rarest.

From what ive hear a 92 teal sunroof with shadow gray leather is the rareat combination. There a guy that has one in my town, and i have the targa cloth shadow gray 92 teal.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
gurley0916;1843955 said:
Hey i have that

Me too!

MNBmk3T;1843974 said:

Offer me enough and I'd be happy to sell mine :)

IBoughtASupra;1844085 said:
I'd give a testicle for a 92 Teal Leather.

I don't know about a testicle... cash will do just fine :p

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Most have been fucked with so much over the years they're not worth anymore than any other Mk3, Mint unmolested cars are getting hard to find and even when they pop up tightasses try to low ball the owners... :nono:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
IJ.;1844120 said:
Most have been fucked with so much over the years they're not worth anymore than any other Mk3, Mint unmolested cars are getting hard to find and even when they pop up tightasses try to low ball the owners... :nono:

Case in point, the many Turbo-A cars that have been fucked with and ruined.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
It's all the little brackets clips and plastics that make a car "Mint" all that stuff most people throw in the bin...

A bud here has an 18,000 mile 87 LTD and I was amazed just how many extra bits there were from the Factory, my 86.5 NA car was low mile and clean when I got it but had been molested just the same by lazy mechanics over it's life...

green jester

Oct 18, 2009
Melbourne
Poodles;1844121 said:
Case in point, the many Turbo-A cars that have been fucked with and ruined.

Yep, all that have appeared on the forums seem only to share the name and not much else- 1UZ/ 1J transplants, etc.
I'm somewhat in the same conundrum- to mod or not to mod? I'm currently going with BPUs and replacing/ upgrading things that can easily be returned to stock (e.g. rims, intake). I don't intend to mod the body or pump guards. A shame though, as the market doesn't seem that great for them, well not yet at least.

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
IBoughtASupra;1844085 said:
I'd give a testicle for a 92 Teal Leather.
From what I've seen of your posting, you'd give a fully loaded testicle to just about anything that moves. :p

gurley0916;1844354 said:
Right Pretty crazy for city of 30000 people.
I remember seeing a teal Mk3 pass through my town about 6 years ago, only one I've seen in person other than your car.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
MNBmk3T;1844305 said:
Dear god I wish I could. I live kind of close to you too. You have a 92 Teal Shadow Grey Leather?

Yeup. Drove it all the way home from Tennessee. Flew down with my wife, bought it, and drove it home. It was a fun trip.