what is the preferred 1pc steel driveshaft?

Supratrbox2

Damnit
Jul 27, 2005
South Jerzey
I would prefer to stay 2pc but I cant find a decent used one. There's jawsgear, shaftmasters and the driveshaft shop off the top of my head. The car is my daily driver so thats why I cant wait around for another 2pc,, gotta get to work. My car is a bpu 1jz with a 5spd and will probably stay that way.
Thanks.

Last edited:

shaftmasters

Vendor
Oct 29, 2007
michigan
www.shaftmasters.com
Supratrbox2;1440608 said:
I would prefer to stay 2pc but I cant find a decent used one. There's jawsgear, shaftmasters and the driveshaft shop off the top of my head. The car is my daily driver so thats why I cant wait around for another 2pc,, gotta get to work.
Thanks.

Our preference would be the Shaftmasters! :icon_bigg (LOL).

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Read up on the Shaftmasters two piece. It looks really nice. That's what I'll be going with whenever I get my car running, LOL.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
I just got my shaftmaster 1 piece aluminum recently and so far its been great. No vibrations at any speed, seems to be great build quality and a lot of people on here swear by them. Plus, it's not that pricey really when you look at other options.

Supratrbox2

Damnit
Jul 27, 2005
South Jerzey
shaeff;1440621 said:
Read up on the Shaftmasters two piece. It looks really nice. That's what I'll be going with whenever I get my car running, LOL.

I was looking for that but did not see it on their site. Are they a custom order? And the only steel one on the site was for non turbo.

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
Put another up for shaftmasters, not only a great driveshaft but great customer service too!

Edit: Ive got the one peice aluminum from them.

Supratrbox2

Damnit
Jul 27, 2005
South Jerzey
Performance wise, the car will stay bpu till the twins go. Even then since this is my DD it will stay under 400hp. Im not a fan of aluminum shafts, seen alot of local mustangs from 300-500hp twist them up. Although since I have a 1jz, theres no torque to twist it:naughty:.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
gtsfirefighter;1441710 said:
Depends on what he's got planned performance wise. Besides, only a 4lb difference.

More than 600HP on a BPU 1JZ daily driver? Ok...

4lb of rotating mass is a big enough difference in my book.

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
mkIIIman089;1443516 said:
More than 600HP on a BPU 1JZ daily driver? Ok...

4lb of rotating mass is a big enough difference in my book.

At those levels you may want to consider an aluminum. The aluminum can flex just a tiny bit and helps avoid driveline shock on hard lanches, possibly saving your diff and trans in the long run.

I've got the jawsgear one piece steel shaft and couldn't be happier with it. It made a HUGE difference in launching the car.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
MROsborne;1444053 said:
I don't have any problems with my oem 2pc driveshaft but would it be a good idea to convert to a 1 pc?

It's not "good"...but it's not "bad"

stock ds's tend to fail at the bonded section in the rear half of the ds....I know this because I broke my stocker in my bone stock n/a...

When it broke it destroyed my center support bearing, trans output shaft bearing, and probably diff isn't too happy either!

2pc is better...a single is better than an old 20 year old ds...a modified stocker is even better.