what is a good boost controller for 7mgte?

max-89supra(t)

Dec 12, 2008
vancouver, wa
HEY guys i am new here but not new to supras lol the only cars i have ever owned. any way i wanted to ask what is a good electronic boost controller. i was thinking of going with the world electronics pbc-1 and i was wondering any of you had that and what are your thoughts on it. i want a boost controller that will keep boost right under the fuel cut and will eliminate boost spikes. what bc do you recommend? and i would apreciate any pictures of how you hooked it up, thanks.

max-89supra(t)

Dec 12, 2008
vancouver, wa
ya i had a manual but its such a pain in the ass to set it right under the fuel cut, like if you set it right when the engine is warm it will hit the fuel cut in the morning when its cold

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
I have a 1j but have a ct26 on it for now. I just bought a blitz ebc. I'm liking it. Also my buddy has the AEM tru boost he really likes it.

sthmstr

May 29, 2008
Colorado
N87Turbo;1202061 said:
Greddy pro-fec B spec II
easy use, easy install

I would agree with the Profec. I like Greddy's electronics. The solenoid is very responsive and maintains consistant boost very well. Also it is exactly half a "Din" wide so it and the timer will fit perfectly in the pocket below your stereo. I have heard good things about the AEM and Blitz too though.

sthmstr

May 29, 2008
Colorado
steven89;1202095 said:
Used to have the Greddy Profec B

Now I have the HKS EVC IV. Much happier with the EVC, easier to set, more functions.

Good to know. Isn't it like $600.00 though?