What happened to all the performance shops"7mgte"Need

CARETAKER

Nov 17, 2006
OCALA FLA
I can't find the parts online like I could last year!Help any good stores left"not suprastore"nothing wrong w/them just can't give me what I need.Complete fuel system instead of piecing it.

Last edited:

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
CARETAKER said:
I can't find the parts online like I could last year!Help any good stores left"not suprastore"nothing wrong w/them just can't give me what I need.Complete fuel system instead of piecing it.

so are u talking about walbro 255 pump, 550 inj, afpr w/ all lines etc etc all in one price as a combo?

935 motorsports, horsepowerfreaks sell AFPR kit.
I've never seen a full combo of inj and pump etc.

CARETAKER

Nov 17, 2006
OCALA FLA
10-4 thanx I guess I was on somebody's garage last year.That pump kit does'nt come with the upgraded regulator ,that's all .I got a universal rail coming.looking for bigger than 550's though.I'll squeeze the regulator out one of my other rides for now.what about the divorced header?ebay again?

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Your stock fuel rail should be good for like 700+HP. Like you I thought I needed a fuel rail and ginormous fuel injectors when I was a noob... Heh, I was quickly corrected on this situation. What's your power goals? A general rule of thumb is 1cc of fuel per 1HP and fuel injectors running at a MAX of 80% ;). I don't foresee you needing anything larger than like 680's

CARETAKER

Nov 17, 2006
OCALA FLA
Thanx for the math,It get's a little confusing sometimes,but as the injectors go 680's round out pretty.with nos lean is not an option.I had planned on going a little bit excessive on the fuel,planning more cfm after christmas,was the thought.Not a bolt on car by any means.I've had this car in pieces more times than a leggo castle.we've been dangerously lean at wot for a while.Don't believe I have any gasket failure.Why not 760's w\500cfm and\custom 26 20psi? 1.2pds of nos a min?I think the cams were adv 260 were looking for 600 usable hp,The engine has not been dyno'd yet unless you count a couple evo's and poontangs.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Good luck with the "nos" ;). Not many of us on here use it and for good reason, we like to drive our cars for a while and enjoy them. Are you looking at doing a drag-only car? If not, I sugest stay away from the nitrous. 760cc fuel injectors are going to be somewhat of a pain to get dialed in correctly on anything lower than 600HP I'd say. If 600HP is your goal, you should be OK with that, but you won't need a new fuel rail, the stock one will handle mor HP that you will probably be able to squeez out of the engine. Just make sure you redo the entire fuel system, all lines included ;). You should actually be able to squeeze more HP out of the car with a good turbo at lesser psi's and a ffim.

CARETAKER

Nov 17, 2006
OCALA FLA
thanx,the nos is just a panic button and another reason to keep the boost down.it comes out to only 150hp gain 1.2 a min,We actually have a spare block in my shop getting o-ringed,It will have the good rods,this engine now is a setup motor.born to blow cause I've got leadfoot,and hate to lose,anybody spun that independant rear out yet.there 7.5's but the knuckles scare me w\the cheater slicks on it.probably should'nt worry,But I busted quite a number chevy rears in my monte.once at 100mph,ugly.last time against my buddies 5.0 it snatched all the mounts loose and hammered my turbo w\vibration,she's fresh again ready for my fuel to get here.atleast seven days from now,I hate mail order,but you been helpful,Thanx I've got my stuff coming from 935 not a bad store ,lines and all. did'nt jump on the lexus afm though,got to be better option than that.Then again this is my first supra.I never thought she run like she does now,and boy is she heavy.haulin some steel!2800 sounds better.Be back in couple weeks w\pics and a testimonial. thanx again bro.

Last edited:

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Caretaker, you need to look at your fuel control options and ditch the Lexus meter if you can.

I reccomend the Maft Pro. (No AFM at all, boost control and fuel control with timing control and monitoring all for under 700.00 not counting any tune time on a dyno.)

Changes the TCCS over to a MAP based system.

I'm not a big fan of N02 either. Far to easy to toast a nice expensive motor when you combine pressureized running with nitrous oxide's tendancy to destroy motors not perfectly tuned and managed fuel and spark wise.