What games are you waiting for between now and Christmas?

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
Like the title says, what games are you waiting for between now and the holidays? Here are mine (in no real order):

1) Growlanser: Heritage of War
2) Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
3) Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus
4) Hellgate: London
5) Unreal Tournament III
6) Crysis (not sure I want Vista though...)
7) Microsoft Flight Sim X: Acceleration
8) Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Halo 3

And then just about every cool game they have been promising me since the launch of the PS3. I mean what the hell it's almost been a year?

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
^haha yeah I know right. One day I was going to pick one up, but I was looking for a good game to play and not a single one caught my interest. But after seeing some of what's waiting to come out when E3 happened, I may have to get one soon

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
HIDPLANET said:
Enemy Territory Quake Wars

...but im not gona build a new comp just to play this game so yea....no games for me. Ive wasted enough of my life in the past playing damn computer games.

:D i have a beta pass for it, and i also got 4 days to enjoy it at quakecon 07, then they gave us all a pass before we left :) This game is AWESOME! But the same map over and over again gets kinda boring :p

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Only two i'm looking forward to: Half Life 2 - Episode 2 (already got a voucher for it as part of the Radeon 2900XT bundle), and Crysis.

Derk - i dont fancy vista either, but it's supposed to look just as good under XP/DX9 :D

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
SupraDerk said:
^haha yeah I know right. One day I was going to pick one up, but I was looking for a good game to play and not a single one caught my interest. But after seeing some of what's waiting to come out when E3 happened, I may have to get one soon

I really enjoyed Gears of War, so when everybody was saying Resistance was just as good, I decided to pick up a PS3. Resistance was ok~, but that's just my opinion. Then I started to look around for another game, and found nothing. After awhile I picked up MotorStorm, which was pretty, but still fell short of the hype. Outside of the occasional blu-ray movie, all my PS3 does is sit there and do folding@home. At least it does that well.

I am glad I got an early PS3, since there dropping the PS2 emotion chip out of it and going to emulation for backward compatibility on the 80GB. Which is annoying since you have to wait for updates to play some games.

I was looking forward to Killzone 2, but the latest trailer is very disappointing after the hype for the original E3 one. And they really backed off on the graphics on Gran Turismo 5 after what I saw on GTHD.

I like army of Two, but I could get that on the 360 if I wanted. The only real Exclusive that still has me really really excited is Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. But who knows when that will actually make it out.

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
Dirgle said:
I really enjoyed Gears of War, so when everybody was saying Resistance was just as good, I decided to pick up a PS3. Resistance was ok~, but that's just my opinion. Then I started to look around for another game, and found nothing.

I liked watching gears of war, but I cannot stand playing shooters on consoles. The controls are so messy compared to playing on a PC (with the exception of the N64...god that was such a good system for shooters). I looked at Resistance and then flashbacks to me getting my ass handed to me fumbling around with console controllers kept popping up and I decided I'd pass and other than that, every other game on the shelf was a definite no go for me.

The only real Exclusive that still has me really really excited is Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. But who knows when that will actually make it out.

Haha, seriously. I don't know though... I have my reservations. Subsistence kind of killed my interest in the MGS series... but after seeing some of the trailers MGS4 does look impressive. I'm sort of on the fence with it until I get some hands on time at a friends house or the store

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
SupraDerk said:
I liked watching gears of war, but I cannot stand playing shooters on consoles. The controls are so messy compared to playing on a PC (with the exception of the N64...god that was such a good system for shooters). I looked at Resistance and then flashbacks to me getting my ass handed to me fumbling around with console controllers kept popping up and I decided I'd pass and other than that, every other game on the shelf was a definite no go for me.

I feel you there, My shooter skills were born and bread on the PC. And I continuously get my ass handed to me online by damn 12 year olds. But gears was different enough that I was able to hold my own. I'm hooked on halo, no matter how bad I am at it. I really got into the story line, books and all. It reminds me of the ender series if the books had followed a more action oriented storyline, as opposed to the philosophical one. I still really enjoyed the ender series though. And I really like the look of Crysis, but I can't justify the money for the hardware. I go out to sea for 6 months or more out of the year and the best I can take with me is a laptop due to space requirements. And gaming laptops are DAMN expensive.

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
Dirgle said:
I feel you there, My shooter skills were born and bread on the PC. And I continuously get my ass handed to me online by damn 12 year olds.

lol, yeah... I know that feeling...

And I really like the look of Crysis, but I can't justify the money for the hardware. I go out to sea for 6 months or more out of the year and the best I can take with me is a laptop due to space requirements. And gaming laptops are DAMN expensive.

Ah man that sucks. Yeah the gaming laptops are expensive as hell and from the people that I've talked to that bought them, they said that they didn't really think they were worth the money.