what do you guys think!

chrisisg77

Jun 19, 2012
los angeles
My car idles fine on the streets. But once i hit highway speeds and return to the street. The idle bounces up and down from 500 to 700 rpms. No codes i believe its a boost leak. I hit boost pretty late and only 4 psi. I just dont have anyone to talk to about my car and its troubles. i get lonely :( everyone needs friends. so i ask u guys lol

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
Lol don't be lonely. Does it act funny if you drive around the city a lot? Maybe the iscv gets weird when the car gets hot. Have you tested for boost leaks tho?

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

chrisisg77

Jun 19, 2012
los angeles
Alright :)!first let me tell you everything.
My car idles a bit to high at 1000 rpms. today im going to adjust my tps. The other thing is that i have no 02 sensor. The jackass who i bought the downpipe from custom made it and it only has the port for a wideband. Kick me in the nuts for not noticing it. the stock o2 obviously cant bolt on the wideband bung. So i want to know is there another way of installing the stock o2 without cutting and welding. I've been reading that the UEGO does have a narrowband analog output 0-1v

Anyways back on topic. Yes my car is FUNNY as hell lol . Well the only thing it does is what im telling you rpms just bounce up and down after a while thats the only thing. But it will stall on me if i continue to use it while its doing that trying to go home . Although if i turn the car off, and then on again, while its doing that it will run like normal again. Havent tested for leaks yet will do that today. Ill also inspect the iscv today per TSRM.

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
I had a bad injector do something similar. On hot starts (especially after being on the highway) it would misfire and the idle would stumble. It ended up getting worse and made it easier to diagnose.

chrisisg77

Jun 19, 2012
los angeles
Ok tested my iscv and also my tps it was fine according to tsrm. But what i did notice is that the isc valve has a crappy ass incorrect air hose that doesnt even fit properly. Im going to look on dm for a new one and new vacuum lines as well :)! I already checked my injectors with a stethoscope and they all fire will check again tho

chrisisg77

Jun 19, 2012
los angeles
I just remembered something. This dude one time came over trying to help me with my car that i bought some coils off of and he broke my coolant temp sensor and he said "dont worry i have lots of these laying around " but he never replaced mine. Jackass . Anyways so he unbolted it and connected it to the harness. So the broken sensor is there just hanging around in the engine bay . I was thinking putting on a resistor or potentiometer just to band aid the problem Untill i get a new one?

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Um, yeah, that could be a problem.
But I don't know if it would completely explain your issues. If it's the thermotime switch, then the ecu will never know that the engine has reached operating temp,
and would continue to run the csi, causing a rich condition. At least I believe this would be the case. Someone else will chime in soon if I'm wrong, though.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
...and I was "just expectin' it" too.
But on this subject- what sensor specifically tells the ecu when to enter closed loop operation?

chrisisg77

Jun 19, 2012
los angeles
These past few days i have been busy nothing but work gym and hiking . i see u live in thousand oaks 3p you should check out escondido falls hike in malibu. its right off PCH in the santa monica mountain. its a easy trail and its really nice.

Anyways No o2 would also cause me to run rich right? Im just going to cut and weld that bastard in place.

Oh and since were on the cold start topic my car doesnt crank very well on cold starts. i noticed it had no CSI plug wired up. so i wired it up and still took a long time to crank. Gonna get the time switch checked out and the injector.
all these parts i bought are all garbage. The wiring harness i bought had several cut wires like my injectors and all these other ones. I guess you can say i should of checked everything. But i just took his word for it and left. Now i cant trust socal craigslist ppl !
Btw i got a new coolant temp sensor wired up !