What do you guys think?

Blackdawg

Taco Soup..my rides
Oct 12, 2010
Wyoming
Hey guys, so i am study at college to become an audio engineer hopefully. Here is one of my first big productions. I have at least like 7 more in the works that i need to finish but this one i am pretty happy with. Let me know what you guys think.

Yes it does have rap in it but its got a different approach to hiphop. There is no sampled anything or MIDI used at all! All the instruments are played by real people, all but 2 in the group are music majors. The movie isn't very good i know but its the music i am worried about.

Id like to know any suggestions on the actual sound and what you think about it. Not that you hate rap or the movie is boring.

Use some good headphones for full experience please :p

enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrQI-rRAdpc

Thanks!

Black Cat

Sep 11, 2009
Fort Bragg NC
I like it, sounds really good.
The Bass doesn't really sound right to me but it could be because its a style I'm not used to.
That and the drum kick has a bit of a squeak to it in the opening.
Other then that I think you did a very good job of mixing all of the different sounds, it all comes through very clearly.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Just gonna say that I find it funny that Black Cat replied to Blackdawg's thread. :rofl:

Dunno why I find that so amusing, just is for some reason...

Blackdawg

Taco Soup..my rides
Oct 12, 2010
Wyoming
Black Cat;1681289 said:
I like it, sounds really good.
The Bass doesn't really sound right to me but it could be because its a style I'm not used to.
That and the drum kick has a bit of a squeak to it in the opening.
Other then that I think you did a very good job of mixing all of the different sounds, it all comes through very clearly.

Hey thanks a lot man! thank you for taking time to listen and analyze it! :D

And yea the bass i cant really change but i think it is pretty typical funk/hiphop bass.

and yes the kick drum is kinda weird. But sadly i wasnt the guy who did the tracking for it. i wouldve done it different but cant change it now..well..not really. haha

Thank you again for your time and input!

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

te72;1681420 said:
Just gonna say that I find it funny that Black Cat replied to Blackdawg's thread. :rofl:

Dunno why I find that so amusing, just is for some reason...

haha you would notice that te72 lol

benstoked

Dec 18, 2010
OKC, OK
I don't like rap, and the video was boring, but it sounded good (granted, I skipped alot got about 30 seconds in), not like the recordings you get from the guy at the corner, saying he's up and coming...

Blackdawg

Taco Soup..my rides
Oct 12, 2010
Wyoming
benstoked;1681782 said:
I don't like rap, and the video was boring, but it sounded good (granted, I skipped alot got about 30 seconds in), not like the recordings you get from the guy at the corner, saying he's up and coming...

well thanks for listening anyways man! Glad you thought it sounded good at least which is what im more concerned about then the quality of the rap it self

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I like it. :) The fact that nothing is sampled makes it even better, and shows how well you (all) compose together. Everything sounds crisp, not over processed. I didn't watch the video, though, as I was focusing on the music only. It has a nice flow to it.

Nice work.

tweak666

May 11, 2006
boca raton, FL
sounds good! love the live instrument aspect, almost a hybrid jazz/hip-hop feel. could use more level on the bass, maybe some crispness? could be the crappy stock speakers, but the female vocals seemed a little tin-ny

Blackdawg

Taco Soup..my rides
Oct 12, 2010
Wyoming
tweak666;1682023 said:
sounds good! love the live instrument aspect, almost a hybrid jazz/hip-hop feel. could use more level on the bass, maybe some crispness? could be the crappy stock speakers, but the female vocals seemed a little tin-ny

Thanks man! and yea its prolly the speakers..i actually have the bass up pretty loud. and the female vocals are a bit odd as i put a touch to much delay on the doubled part so it is cause just a tiny bit of phasing. but i have since fixed that, not in the vid tho haha

Supracentral;1681950 said:
Sounds clean. Good job.

Thanks a lot!!

shaeff;1681939 said:
I like it. :) The fact that nothing is sampled makes it even better, and shows how well you (all) compose together. Everything sounds crisp, not over processed. I didn't watch the video, though, as I was focusing on the music only. It has a nice flow to it.

Nice work.

Thank you very much! we are pretty proud about not using samples. It took a lot of work but is worth it and is fun! and dont worry, you didnt miss anything in the vid, the vid sucks haha the music is all i care about. i just threw that together

thank you all for you input