What do you guys think of this idea?

fandffan

Aug 26, 2006
Bowling Green, OH
Ok so i have access to fiberglass compound(like the good stuff).My uncle is a head hancho in a plant that makes the compound so i can buy it in a bag. And since it hardens at 350degrees... I can just pop them in the oven.

Anyways let me get on with what my idea is and tell me what you think.
I want to make a custom coldair/ram air intake.

I attached a roughsketch I scanned in and then I used paint to highlight and expalain things.

The deminsions may not be the exact ones just used them to give a rough idea.

Let me know what you guys think.

p.s. accordian hose would also be replaced with a hard pipe at the same time.

Attachments

• Explain CAI idea.JPG
    Explain CAI idea.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 71

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
A lot of hondas run the same setup. I forget who makes them....they look like intercoolers. Great idea, but aesthetically...kinda ricey due to the interfooler aspect.

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Dude visit me back in time 3 years ago. I tried it on my 92 turbo. I got the parts from home depot for under $20. They have metal ducting which is shaped exactly like that, slanting towards the hole. I used dryer duct to attach from the slanting intake thing to the little snorkel intake on the stock filter box. I did one run, then my car pretty much blre the valvecover seals somehow and i got that fixed, but tore out the intake taking it as a sign of bas luck for me. It didn't seem to do much, although it looked cool :icon_bigg I also after that did it with just the dryer duct thru the passenger foglight hole, THAT looked cool, real racer-esque. Still tho, it looked much nicer with both foglights :biglaugh:
Good luck.
eric