*What Did You Learn Today.*

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
That Garage Floor + Perfect Oil Pump Drive shaft with .003" clearence = bout tree fiddy.

dscf1268d.jpg

:3d_frown:

Thanks Shawn, and Serena. Your coffee table/Paper weight in my garage will once again save me from Fail. ;)

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
That the allure of Supras is inversely proportional to the amount of money in your account and the happy satisfaction of your wife. The more appealing the Supra becomes, the less money you have in your account and the less happy about the "other woman" your wife gets. :3d_frown: :cry:

'Dis haier larnin's fun!!!!!!::toothless::

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
I learned that a 4M '76 MkII Corona is SLOW!!!!!!

I was overtaken on a hill by a truck.

This car has also been overtaken on the same hill by a Vespa.

Bri7man

"Yeah! Take the lemons.."
Jul 17, 2009
Torrance, CA
That twilight made over 20mil opening day, and apparently queers that are supposed to be vampires glitter when they go in the sunlight...

Solidifying the fact I will ever see a Twilight movie..

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
MK3pizzadriver;1455772 said:
I learned that the motor for my MKIII(the 7M motor)has solid cam followers(lifters). For some reason I thought they were hydraulic, most likely because I don't remember my '87 Supra's motor ever 'clicking'...guess it's followers were too tight or something. I thought this was supposed to be Toyota's flagship, their tour d' force...the epitome of technology and luxury, lol(I actually think it's pretty bad-ass that they went with solids though)

The solid lifter design was Toyota's most advanced setup at the time, or at least, it was the simplest way to get the job done properly. The 4A-G, 3S-G, 1JZ, 2JZ, etc all use this design. It works very well.

The 5M and 6M used hydraulic lifters, with separate cam boxes, just like the new 2010 Toyota engines though.

Ahh well, ;)

Jeff