Didn't you just build that motor?

Nope this is still the stock n/a block I've been running

ha5yjybu.jpg

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
jdmfreak;1994716 said:
Nope this is still the stock n/a block I've been running

Ah, I thought you did the whole motor already.

What specific bulbs did you guys get for the license plate lights? I remember someone saying that the space is limited and some of the LED bulbs wont fit.

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
Doat;1994574 said:
She is just jealous and wants you to spend it on her instead.

you got there right but im not moaning when she wants to go to Beyonce concert, to Italy, to Italy again etc i would have finished my supra long ago if would be single LOL

kdog1988

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
If you order from superbright they're more expensive and you don't always get the right bulbs if you go by make and model

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
there is a difference between cheap and pricey LEDs also they are not even that expensive. I got the right bulbs the only problem was that I chose some bulbs that had the offset studs I didn't fully read the description or whatever.

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
Yesterday, Derek (suprasick) and I attempted to go to the Golden Gardens meet. Unfortunately that meet was a madhouse that was plagued with morons in Hondas and diesel trucks burning rubber so we just turned around and went to The Rock for some pizza. Oh well...
ybu5ujyn.jpg

kdog1988

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
Doat I'm just giving my opinion and my experience that way they have enough info to make their own decision.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
BIG update today...

1: Replaced old power steering pump with remanned pump from Driftmotion and filled it with Dextron II ATF. It will take a while for the fluid to smooth things out but it is MUCH better than before.
2: Tightened coolant line on left side of block that was causing a slow leak. Should resolve my leaking coolant issue I've had for awhile.
3: Found a disconnected vacuum line to the heater system and reattached it. No more ice cold drives to/from work! Yay!
4: Reconnected A/C lines. Now all I need is to take it to a refridgerant shop and add A/C back to the system.
5: Replaced melted rubber hoses going to the wastegate with silicone lines and ran them further away from the hot areas of the engine.
6: Turned up the idle more so that it is idling closer to 700 RPM. Running far smoother now.

After all this work, Seth and I took the car back out for a test drive. Now she's running reliable boost at 12lbs. and is running more like a turbo'ed car ought to run. When she gets in boost she doesn't hitch up and act like she's hitting fuel cut, and she stays more in boost on the open road during 60+ MPH rolls.

Excelsior!

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
How do you increase the idle on a 7m? Ever since I got a lightweight flywheel sometimes the car can't hold the revs when I let it drop from high up in the rev range. If I can just adjust it a little more than stock it should be able to hold it.

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Doat;1994865 said:
How do you increase the idle on a 7m? Ever since I got a lightweight flywheel sometimes the car can't hold the revs when I let it drop from high up in the rev range. If I can just adjust it a little more than stock it should be able to hold it.

Does your bov vent to atmosphere?