What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Well that sucks because I replaced my cam seals when I did my head gasket last year and I put FIPG around it as per the TSRM.

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
Bye bye parts car :,(

emaryjy8.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
talked to jimmy the cylinder head guy at the machine shop. I asked him how my head was coming along he said he was the guy that would know. the funny thing is i talked to him last Thursday and he said he would have it done by that Friday. where we are 5 days later and he's feeding me the same story of "call me tomorrow". I did get a confirmation that my block is all done. not sure why my block can be bored, honed, pistons installed, crank polished, rods resized, new bearings installed, block lapped before the head can be lapped. they've only had 4 weeks to do the cylinder head and a whole block got rebuilt in the time it's been waiting to get lapped.

Tomorrow I'm going over there to pick up my stuff if the head is done great if not i'll look for another shop that can turn the job around in a reasonable time frame or say to hell with the metal headgasket and go buy a OEM one.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
^
i would definitely get the head resurfaced and run a metal HG if you're already having this much work done.
it will save you a lot of headache later on

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I agree with both ^^ also with a metal HG you will never have to worry about anything. Get it done properly now and never worry later.

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
thanks for steering me back on course. I'm just at wits end with this shop. the guy that did my block did an amazing job. However this cylinder head guy keeps trying to feed me the same bullshit every time i call. and last 3 times he sounded genuinely surprised that my block was done and we were only waiting on him. I'm going to hunt around for other shops that can surface my head. If i find someone tomorrow I'll rescue my head and have it down somewhere that can provide reasonable status updates. I had even asked the head get do first as i wanted to CC it so i could order a proper sized headgasket.

I'll settle for being grumpy till my motor is back in my car. I also hope they machines the block with the front cover on like i asked. We shall see tomorrow :)

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Went to a better shop to get my alignment fixed and in less than 5 min they found out my lower ball joints and tie rods are worn out which is why my alignment isn't correct. Took them 5 min and they showed me how much my wheel moved and Firestone spent 2 hours dicking around. Ordering new Moog tie rods and joints from Rockauto and hopefully everything will be ready to go before I hit the track next Friday.

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
Got my block and head numbers after going to the shop today. they were working on my head and said it should be done by the end of the day. Anyways crunched numbers and it looks like with my 1.4mm HG I'm up to 9.3:1 So I think i'll be picking up a 2.0 which should put me around 8.88:1

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
i took a nice spirited drive on the highway. found my dipstick pushed up and oil everywhere after. :(
i made a spring retainer for to hold the stick down for now, and i'm starting another rebuild list. :(

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I cleaned up the exhaust side of my block to help hunt down my oil leak 2 suspect areas are the oil return banjo bolt right under the manifold or the other banjo bolt under the thermostat housing but I think that is a coolant line, they are both turbo return lines. This leak is driving me crazy. I also installed the HPS silicone turbo inlet hose that I bought off of a member on here I had to cut off about an inch to get it to fit properly with my lexus AFM and everything is secured tightly now.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX