What did you do to your supra today? Pics

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
If you don't take the bumper off, i'd say you can add an hour to the process.
It took me from around 4pm to 6pm, including degreasing the parts, etc.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I guess removing my bumper would be a good time to replace the bulbs in them since my passenger side parking light bulb is out lol.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
I replaced the dead power antenna in my 1990 today. Installed a $20 generic Princess Auto power antenna in its place.

Removed the portion of the 3 piece spoiler:
p1927058_1.jpg

Pulled the power antenna. 10mm wrench to pull the mount nut, and a pair of slip-joint pliers to get the nut at the top. Here's the antenna removed. The top mounting pieces come off, and I re-used these to mount my $20 generic power antenna replacement.
p1927058_2.jpg

Unpacked the generic replacement
p1927058_3.jpg

Used the OEM top mounting hardware with the nut supplied with the generic kit.
p1927058_4.jpg

Cut the connector from the OEM kit and wired it to the 3 wires on the replacement. Blue/red to red, White/black to black and red/blue to white. I'm not sure about the red/blue, since the person who installed my deck was a moron, and cut the factory wire harness, and I'm not sure that he correctly attached the power antenna. I'm going to have to double-check that, since blue/red currently seems to get accessory power. This means that the antenna will go up every time the car is on, but at least I'll have an antenna, and it will retract when I turn the car off. (Still really need to fix that though.)
p1927058_5.jpg

Voila. One working power antenna. Please excuse how dirty the car is. It's spring thaw here, and the road grime is atrocious.

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
After selling the 88 Supra I picked up recently, I went and picked up this lil guy an 85 Toyota MR2, and I still have extra for a new paint job and to finish my rebuild on my 90 so I'm excited. Gonna have to restore him too now lol.
arugejeg.jpg

Sent from my G2X

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
awesome!! white mr2 plus gold rims = mint, they sell the nicer rims in small sizes for a car like that too. It's an n/a I take it? you plan to swap the supercharged motor or the turbo? my friends working on turboing his old n/a he figures it'll rip compared to the supercharged original.

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
Beals;1927081 said:
awesome!! white mr2 plus gold rims = mint, they sell the nicer rims in small sizes for a car like that too. It's an n/a I take it? you plan to swap the supercharged motor or the turbo? my friends working on turboing his old n/a he figures it'll rip compared to the supercharged original.

Yeah, it does kind of look like they are gold in that pic for some reason. They are actually kind of like a gunmetal grey with a wrinkle finish. 16" 225s with chopped springs, but he threw in a new set plus a bunch of other parts like spoiler, side skirts, MAFS, and more. Best part was the price, only $600... I jumped on that right away haha. Probably leave this guy an N/A, I have two turbo Supras, that'll be enough boost for me haha.

supraguy@aol;1927109 said:
Welcome to the AW11 club.
Mine's a black '86 5-spd.

Thanks, I've actually wanted one for a real long time. Finally came across a great deal on one and had extra money on me. Just got sideswiped last week in my 3000GT... GEICO is gonna pay my ass lol. Mine is a manual as well. I like how the sunroof completely comes out. Didn't know they did that.

Sent from my G2X

AnubisMK3

Jul 31, 2012
Milwaukee
Dan_Gyoba;1927058 said:
I replaced the dead power antenna in my 1990 today. Installed a $20 generic Princess Auto power antenna in its place.

Removed the portion of the 3 piece spoiler:
p1927375_1.jpg

Pulled the power antenna. 10mm wrench to pull the mount nut, and a pair of slip-joint pliers to get the nut at the top. Here's the antenna removed. The top mounting pieces come off, and I re-used these to mount my $20 generic power antenna replacement.
p1927375_2.jpg

Unpacked the generic replacement
p1927375_3.jpg

Used the OEM top mounting hardware with the nut supplied with the generic kit.
p1927375_4.jpg

Cut the connector from the OEM kit and wired it to the 3 wires on the replacement. Blue/red to red, White/black to black and red/blue to white. I'm not sure about the red/blue, since the person who installed my deck was a moron, and cut the factory wire harness, and I'm not sure that he correctly attached the power antenna. I'm going to have to double-check that, since blue/red currently seems to get accessory power. This means that the antenna will go up every time the car is on, but at least I'll have an antenna, and it will retract when I turn the car off. (Still really need to fix that though.)
p1927375_5.jpg

Voila. One working power antenna. Please excuse how dirty the car is. It's spring thaw here, and the road grime is atrocious.

Looks damn nice, a little thicker than the oem antenna as well, mine was recently replaced but during the winter it was freezing up pretty bad, may take your route to resolve the issue

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
O.K. Here is what I did on 3/29/13: Drag DR38, 17x9 -38 off set, shod with 255 40 BFG g-force Sport Comp 2. All I need do is make small adjustments to the wheel stops so they won't rub on the fender or frame, etc. The fender and liner are stock, (no pulling).
The benefit is increasing the contact patch from 8 to 10 inches, at the same time not increasing the weight on the hub. This means higher speeds in the corner at the limit of the tire, more braking and improved scrubbing of speed before going into a corner and improved steering response, from what I've been used to. Van
WP_000129.jpgWP_000130.jpgWP_000131.jpgWP_000132.jpgWP_000133.jpgWP_000134.jpgWP_000135.jpg

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Van;1927406 said:
O.K. Here is what I did on 3/29/13: Drag DR38, 17x9 -38 off set, shod with 255 40 BFG g-force Sport Comp 2. All I need do is make small adjustments to the wheel stops so they won't rub on the fender or frame, etc. The fender and liner are stock, (no pulling).
The benefit is increasing the contact patch from 8 to 10 inches, at the same time not increasing the weight on the hub. This means higher speeds in the corner at the limit of the tire, more braking and improved scrubbing of speed before going into a corner and improved steering response, from what I've been used to. Van
View attachment 66068View attachment 66069View attachment 66070View attachment 66071View attachment 66072View attachment 66073View attachment 66074

255/35/18 never rubbed on the front of my '87. I'm using the same rims with 235/40/18 on the front just cuz I want less tire overhanging the rim

Thefox

Mar 19, 2013
Syracuse, NY
I am now the proud owner for two Supras without engines. lol

Pulled the engine from the '91 on Sunday... there are a lot of hoses and wires on car engines! I have rebuild dozens of motorcycles and ATV's over the years but this is my first car build. The motor will be pulled apart for inspection and a freshen up then going into the (nicer) '88.

My friends have already started the jokes... you might be a redneck if you own more cars without engines then with engines...

Supra engine.jpeg

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
I just got mine legal to drive last week too bud. Your engine looks great so far.

I took mine to the gas station. And saw a twin turbo s4 with some serious power. 24 pounds of boost. 11 sec 1/4 mile... Thing was ridiculous. He got on it on the way out of the gas station one of the fastest cars I seen around my area took of like a raped ape

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Thanks bro, it's costing a freaking arm and a leg though (and I get mine half price lol) can't wait for it to be done so I can quit borrowing a friends jetta (vomit in mouth) and get back into a real car, prob by the end of the week :)