What did you do to your supra today? Pics

SupraKid

Jan 2, 2009
Santa Teresa, NM
Took bumper off to get ready to put in new intercooler, ofcourse a bolt broke on the bumper support thing by the wheel well spash guard. Other then that all good.

Attachments

• C5B4380F-D7EE-4EDB-A7EA-B5A145294F1F.jpg
    C5B4380F-D7EE-4EDB-A7EA-B5A145294F1F.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 29
Did alot of prep this weekend on the dash harness. Had to remove all the Hvac system, climate control, audio, cluster, abs, srs, ac electrical systems. Removign wiring and stripping all the unnecessary connectors, wires and components I'll no longer be utilizing.

For the HVAC system, I'll be running an electric heating element that is all contained with a 3 speed and temp blower. The housing has two ports for available tube and vent routing. These will be used for windshield defrost. No more coolant fed heater core. This will free up a ton of space and weight over the stock system.

For the audio I'd like to retain 2 speakers for the occasional tune when taking it out for occasions. The deck and amp will be removed. I'll be running a small 2 channel motorcycle amp with a Bluetooth module. This will allow me to connect and play music without a deck.

Digi race dash will be in this week so no need for any cluster wiring.

20180120_085806_hdr.jpg

20180120_091140_hdr.jpg

20180120_092325_hdr.jpg

20180120_093627_hdr.jpg

20180120_095242_hdr.jpg

20180120_114347_hdr.jpg

20180120_114337_hdr.jpg

20180121_111450_hdr.jpg

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Haha very nice.
So much extra OEM junk under the dash.

You should weigh all the components removed to see your weight savings.
Or just do a final vehicle weight once done.

what HVAC system are you using?
600W 12V system by demon tweeks

tsdductedelectricheater.jpg
tsdelectriccabheater2-1.jpg

Haha very nice.
So much extra OEM junk under the dash.

You should weigh all the components removed to see your weight savings.
Or just do a final vehicle weight once done.

yea there is an astonishing amount of components under the dash.

The car is getting a full race pedigree so I'll be curious as well to see the final weigh. The rest of the car is pretty stripped down aswell, but theres always something more to take off so its forever shrinking.

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
600W constant is fairly significant on a 12V system.

What amperage alternator are you using?
This heater on high alone will be drawing ~43A @ 14V.

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Braille?
Shorai?
Super B?

Have you measured the alternator output when you are using everything on high?
Just curious how close to max output you are coming, sounds like a hefty load.

Braille?
Shorai?
Super B?

Have you measured the alternator output when you are using everything on high?
Just curious how close to max output you are coming, sounds like a hefty load.

I'm running a Shorai. I have not tested everything yet, motor hasnt fired yet on this build. The powersteering is getting setup on a switch and will likely only be used for slow speed turning. Water pump is variable voltage and only uses what it needs. The defrost will likely work for what I need on the 200w setting but i am also curious to see what my final draw will be on the system. Ill have more figures once shes running again this spring

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I apologized to mine. Coworker asked how it was running... I had to admit that it has been a few months since I've even started it. Only thing keeping it from being a daily now is a lack of appropriate for the climate tires. :nono:

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
What I did was finally get the Supra back.

After 5 months at the tuners, the Supra is home. Pulls like a freight train and will break traction in 2nd and 3rd under boost with 275 Gforces on the rear. Dyno video was terrible quality with crackly audio, so a dyno chart will have to do for now.

516.8 whp @ 6700rpm / 478 ft-lbs of tq at 5350rpm. 22psi on 93 octane. Super conservative and border-line rich afr. The large power dip at 6200rpm was from spark blowout. Gapping the plugs down to 24 resolved the issue.

Plenty of pull for me. Thing is blast to drive.

96120E61-BD03-4F1D-84BB-FE99F5B2D76C.jpeg

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I installed a shinny new Tanabe Medallion Touring catback.
No more going over speed bumps since the resonator only has a 3-inch clearance...

Funny you should say that... I scraped my Tanabe after only a hand full of times pulling into my driveway. The angle required to scrape the lip the least scrapes the resonator. :/ Lowered car problems, I guess.

What I did was finally get the Supra back.

After 5 months at the tuners, the Supra is home. Pulls like a freight train and will break traction in 2nd and 3rd under boost with 275 Gforces on the rear. Dyno video was terrible quality with crackly audio, so a dyno chart will have to do for now.

516.8 whp @ 6700rpm / 478 ft-lbs of tq at 5350rpm. 22psi on 93 octane. Super conservative and border-line rich afr. The large power dip at 6200rpm was from spark blowout. Gapping the plugs down to 24 resolved the issue.

Plenty of pull for me. Thing is blast to drive.

Nice numbers! That's right about where I'm aiming with my 91. I figure that's a great power level for something still easy to drive like a sane person, but plenty to roar up any on-ramp.

Was the 2nd and 3rd run after fixing blowout? There's still a big dip in power, but not nearly as bad as the first run. It also looks a little lean from 5-6k. Maybe I'm crazy, but I'd want that closer to 11.5 throughout that range.

I'm also surprised to see peak torque that high in the rev range! My completely stock 7M made more torque at 3k. Of course, it was done after that, while yours kept pulling to the moon!

So I didn't do anything to the Supra lately, but I did pick up some awesome sales booklets on eBay this week!
Booklets1.JPGBooklets2.jpg