What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
Doat;2011670 said:
WRXs are not that fast I smoked my friend's '14 STI with an exhaust and tune when my 7M had a little wonky boost.

I've torched quite a few WRXs with mine. I was playing with another buddy in his vette the other day and we were dead even through 4th gear (his is automatic an was not running as strong as it should've been. It's also a 94).

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
T3rril79;2011690 said:
Nope, I need to fix my hatch and targa leak. Sad part is Toyota charges a premium for the weather seals

Might be able to locate a universal seal that will work at any auto parts house or even rock auto.

Chris

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Doat;2011650 said:
I was bored and decided to check out my hatch leak, when I open the hatch water drips from the corner of the big trim piece I could not see where it was leaking from anybody have any suggestions? I decided to clean the spare tire well while I was already in there and I replaced the factory spare with one of my stock wheels.

Here's the fix that I think actually works. Haven't done it myself but I'm sure a few of us here had.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...-after-just-about-all-else-has-failed../page2

Last edited:

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Thanks Akito I'll look into that for sure. How do you guys remove the rear wiper, so I can put silicone around that and how do you completely remove the hatch interior panel? I know you pop it out but there are 2 sort of hooks that have screws inside of them that screw into the hatch frame but I can't figure out how to unscrew them.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Chris_87_Turbo;2011748 said:
Should be just a #2 Phillips for the screws. The rest is all clips. The rear wiper is pretty straight forward.

Chris

but I don't see the head of the screw if I follow it it only takes me to the plastic hook part.
3p141592654;2011752 said:
You'll need a small puller to get the wiper arm off the spindle.
So the wiper arm just pops out?

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Yea I know I saw the screw but I don't see how to get to it unless the hook part pops off the screw looks like it is inside of the hook.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Post a pic.. I mean if everything is the same as it was rolling out of the factory, then you just stick a screwdriver in it..

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I'll do that tonight after work. While I went to get lunch it rained earlier in the day and I saw water dripping on the passenger side. FUUUUUUUUUU damn targa leaks I am just going to get new seals take it all apart and clean it up then replace the seals.

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
I have a sunroof installed and it leaks because po decided to just rtv it shut because the wiring was messed up at the switch. Now I need a new seal, my solution till I can find a seal
yve5ejyv.jpg

Chris

88SupraT

Boosting Supra
Apr 4, 2005
North Vancouver, B.C.
Over the past few days got quite a bit done, took a lot of work and swearing hahaha:

Full front and rear ronniek subframe bushings with steering rack bushings installed, front poly motor mount and poly trans mount, and even a new fuel filter.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
My blower motor doesn't work on low anymore so I pulled the resistor and found that the coil for the low speed was broken in the middle so I ordered a new resistor. It should be here today.

3p141592654;2011752 said:
You'll need a small puller to get the wiper arm off the spindle.

Yeah, when I removed my rear wiper for paint it was stuck on there really good. There was slight rust on the teeth and it didn't want to come out. This is coming from a southern car that has been garaged its whole life. Just a thought to keep in mind when you try to remove yours Doat. Might want to spray it with something if it doesn't come free easily.

Backlash2032;2011765 said:
There's a screw in each hook. Trust us lol. And there's a 10mm? Nut under the plastic on the wiper.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

It probably is a 10mm. Seems like almost everything on these cars is :)

Doat;2011766 said:
Yea I know I saw the screw but I don't see how to get to it unless the hook part pops off the screw looks like it is inside of the hook.

You need to unscrew the screw and then the hook will come out. The screw supports the hook and helps hold that whole trim piece. Then just pry all around the trim piece to pop all the clips off. I suggest getting a set of plastic interior trim removal tools to prevent damaging the panels using the wrong tools like a screw driver.