What color should I paint my engine bay?

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
Forget about value of the car IMO, do what you think you like best.

I plan on keeping the Supra for a long time anyways, probably past when they're down to about $100, lol.

Mark2JZ

ahhhh!!!
Apr 2, 2005
Oxnard, CA
when i did the motor swap in my corolla i did the bay black (rubberized texture). i'm quite pleased with how it came out.

p8267_1.jpg

p8267_2.jpg

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
Keep it the stock color. keeps value and looks better(IMO).

Ever see a car with a hot paint job and when he pops is hood its a totaly different color. Looks pretty cheesy and cheap.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
YoNkErS87t said:
Keep it the stock color. keeps value and looks better(IMO).

Ever see a car with a hot paint job and when he pops is hood its a totaly different color. Looks pretty cheesy and cheap.

It totally depends if it was done right or not.

xt32

Supra Junky
Mar 31, 2005
New Jersey
I think that black bay looks awesome! I'm gonna go with that and see how it comes out. I was gonna do it yesterday, but my dang daily driver, my integra, the water pump failed, so i had a fun day of doing a timing belt and water pump replacement !!!!

sammydafish

Boost Addict
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, NY
www.trdsupra.com
xt32 said:
I think that black bay looks awesome! I'm gonna go with that and see how it comes out. I was gonna do it yesterday, but my dang daily driver, my integra, the water pump failed, so i had a fun day of doing a timing belt and water pump replacement !!!!

If you're going to do the engine bay in black, then pull the fenders. This will make it so that where the fenders are all one color. There's no way you can cut a line on that fender and make it not look ghetto. If you keep the fenders and the radiator support (or at least the top of it) all the body color, and do the engine bay in black, it might actualy look kinda good.

When things are just black all over, it makes it look like whoever did the job was lazy and sloppy, something I'd stay away from unless that's the look you're looking for. :p

xt32

Supra Junky
Mar 31, 2005
New Jersey
Well that should be easy, cause my fenders are already off, so is every thing else :sonic: Since i finished the timing belt change on my daily driver i can finaly get back to work on my real car, the supra! I'll post some pics tonight.