What can I use that looks nice to cap off AC ports on passenger side firewall?

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
I recently removed the AC lines and now I have these two ugly open ports sticking out from the firewall. Rather than shoving some stoopeed rubber neeples on them I would like to find a screw on cap option. Anyone know of any? Got a link for me?

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
funny thing is I was just wondering the same thing. was about to cap mine off, they look like 1.5 thread pitch. Maybe you can go to a hydraulics shop to pick up something.

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
Zazzn;2033539 said:
funny thing is I was just wondering the same thing. was about to cap mine off, they look like 1.5 thread pitch. Maybe you can go to a hydraulics shop to pick up something.

When I removed my A/C earlier this year I couldn't for the life of me find the thread pitch here or on supraforums. I'm not even sure if its metric or BSPT or something else.

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
I cut the locking nut off my off A/C line and butt welded the flare with some scrap aluminum i cut with a hole saw and screwed it back on minus the rest of the pipe. I would like a ribber cap for it as i have hit a knuckle on it before.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
tissue paper, to wipe the tears from your eyes and the sweat from your head during those hot summer months. :biglaugh:

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Actually, it wasn't bad at all this year. Last year however was brutal. But seeing how I never drive this car and I can always lose the targa on sunny days, it doesn't bother me a bit. I also found my engine temps plummeted after I pulled the condenser and fan. So much so that I need to start running a thermostat again. Must be the extra air flow through my Fluidyne.

Back to the thread topic though, anyone know what threaded cap can be used to cover AC ports? They are two different diameters. atmperformance, I like your idea, but I already threw away the lines and don't have access to a welder.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
If you've tossed the lines and don't plan on AC again why not just remove the evaporator and use body plugs as suggested? They'll be easier to find, way cheaper, and what's left will much be cleaner looking. And the dash doesn't need to come out in order to do that.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
I did not realize that the dash does not need to be removed in order to pull the evaporator. I'll give that a try when I go back in there to wire up the boost control to my EMS.