What Burgundy is supposed to look like. Haters beware..you might like it.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yep, and all the vinyl and plastic parts fade at different rates :(

Hell, even the grey interiors do it, but as it's grey it looks fine...

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Poodles: never thought about it, but your right, the fading is uneven.

7nut: They were from the leatherseats.com group buy a while back. I ordered the premium leather package with perforations. They were also installed by a local shop, which helps with fitment.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Unshockingly, it still looks bad.. But I have to agree with the idea that it has just lost it's luster traveling through different eras.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
That's red...

This is MKIII Red

1992ToyotaSupraTurbo_03_700.jpg

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/toyota/supra/1384072.html

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
The blue looks just as bad as those when it fades to what I call "sunburned purple".

I'm refinishing my whole interior in black. Even going to dig out the sewing machine and hog ring pliers and redo the seats.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
3p141592654;1835823 said:
Poodles: never thought about it, but your right, the fading is uneven.

7nut: They were from the leatherseats.com group buy a while back. I ordered the premium leather package with perforations. They were also installed by a local shop, which helps with fitment.

Thanks!

One more reason to go through them when the time comes to upgrade my interior. :) Seems like they do great work for a reasonable price.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Poodles;1835623 said:
I'm sure decades later we'll think some of the modern interior designs will look bad :)
You know, I still think the Mk3 and Mk4 interiors look rather modern, even to this day. They hold up well, design-wise. :)

Poodles;1835746 said:
Nope, brown and tan are two different interior colors.

There's actually quite a few different colors people don't know about...
I was unaware that the Mk3 got both tan AND brown, I always thought they were one in the same. I guess this is like how we got two different "shadow gray" interiors.

Anyhow, on the original subject, while that is a beautiful car overall, it's a bit much to take. I think burgandy seats and door inserts would look nice, IF the rest of the interior (door panels, console, dash, steering wheel, etc) were black.