What are the basic mods you need done on a mk3 supra

boostinsupra

Aug 29, 2009
NY
Whats the first/basic things you need to do on your supra so you can turn up the boost "safely". Any cheap power mods: what does shimming the waste gate do? What do you guys/gals recommend

ft413

learner
Sep 23, 2008
EL
this has been covered more than once lets just say ;). use the search button it will help in a big way. i wouldnt bother shimming the wastegate until you know what your doing yet. goodluck!

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
the first thing you do is called "basic maintenance". after that..... use the "search" button at the top of the page

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Guys, enough with the search police. Post up suggested search terms, or leave it alone.

Back on topic.... I'd personally search the Articles section (found from the top menu on the left) for the term "Stages". That should find you a thread by CKAnderson...

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
The thread that Moy posted is a pretty good guideline. Gives you a pretty good idea of the expenses and results you'll end up with. Obviously nothing's perfect, and you can tweak a couple parts here and there to change your output, but it's a good general roadmap to performance.

supersupramk3

average joe
Mar 29, 2009
sacramento, CA
Just my 2 cents...Make sure your car is in good running condition before attempting any upgrades. Upgrades to an engine that is not 100% healthy will just cause issues later. Use the money for upgrades to make the car run right first that way you know for sure that an upgraded part actually upgraded your performance. :doublebir

Hmong_1G

Name the Place and time.
Dec 31, 2008
California
Be ready for a tear down if its a tired old 7M. Even if maintenance is up to par, the motor might be running on its last leg. Like its been said " the weakest link in the 7M is the driver". Be patience and do a lot of research before deciding on a upgrade path.