what amp do you recomend used for 200 or less looking for 600 watts rms+

Status
Not open for further replies.

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
remember im just looking for type. i know that i will be risking buying a bad one but that will be my own problem.what brands,models and websites do you recomend? looking at jl,kenwood.....etc <(edit* dont even know what that means lol ) ........ im looking for specific old school amps that will hit hard and clear.oldschool amps look so much better anyway but i have no clue what is good and what is not so i need some help deciding.:1zhelp::icon_bigg

btw the alpines are temporary as possible....i still want 2 cvx's

Last edited:

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Old school rockford fosgate amp's has the power!!!! (IIRC,model 800a2). I ran a 400w one back in the day. It was a great amp ran 2 12" JLw4's with it, but dam that thing got HOT!! Serisouly I could have fried an egg on it. Also MTX thunder class D amp's are strong (IIRC , model 81000D) that thing would power a small city!!! at 1 ohm that amp was something like 1200 watts RMS.

Those are 2 amps I had back in the day and both I never had a problem with. Remember use the largest power wire you can get, they draw lots of current. This is one area where "bigger is better"

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
beachsupra;1140693 said:
remember im just looking for type. i know that i will be risking buying a bad one but that will be my own problem.what brands,models and websites do you recomend? looking at jl,kenwood.....etc <(edit* dont even know what that means lol ) ........ im looking for specific old school amps that will hit hard and clear.oldschool amps look so much better anyway but i have no clue what is good and what is not so i need some help deciding.:1zhelp::icon_bigg

Here is one I know is good, Why? cuz its been tested by me.... I use these all the time to make my little hustles... How much rms are your subwoofers? Do you even have subwoofers yet? And yeah this seems to be only site who has them other then ma buddy...

http://www.amamax.com/fshememsialc.html

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
beachsupra;1140693 said:

btw the alpines are temporary as possible....i still want 2 cvx's

STUPID QUESTION someone plz close thread 4 me

Status
Not open for further replies.