What am Sky??

Aug 12, 2010
P.G. County, Maryland
I was the first post, and gave you a direct link to your answer. You didn't even need to think about it. The damn diagram was numbered for sh!ts sake. You need to learn that although this forum is here to help, it isn't here as a crutch. Asking a question on here is not a substitute for common sense, or knowledge.

I saved you last time, but if you start trolling again i'll be the one refilling the blowtorches, so you better spend some of your girlfriends money on a nice flame suit.

Good luck on your rebuild, i'm looking forward to a thread about it.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
funky_monkey58;1672237 said:
IJ, with my clevittes I was able to pick the bearing up with a magnet, if the damage is severe enough I would think it would be likely that a magnet could attract some material, either from the bearing or the crank journal.

Yep backing is always Steel in a TriMetal bearing Sean, this guy said it rodknocked then wasn't driven again...... :nono:

Just wanted to point out a magnet isn't a conclusive test in this case.

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
In regards to several posts, yes. I like RvB. And I did look at the diagram you posted, thank you. Sold the black one i had for 500 bucks. the white one I have, and the red one I have left are different wiring harnesses. The white one is an 87. The red is an 89. I have owned several supras, Yes. However, I am not a great mechanic. So I kinda more or less ditch the ones in the past when they start falling apart on me. I will refrain from making any more posts for a while, until I have substantial progress as to prevent any further annoyance towards any of you. I mean no disrespect towards any of you. you are all helpful, in your own little.........ways....<IJ> lol however, I am just not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Sorry.

But yes, it was knocking. I originally thought bearings went out for the simple, single fact that my younger brother who did this, knows a hell of a lot more about cars than I do, and said that's what it was. My Gf's grandfather however, is much more talented with motors, and feels it is a single bad rod. Pulling motor saturday, so I guess we will find out.

Again, sorry for the bothersome, ignorant posts....