Whale Tail/Bomex Rear Install?

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
I looked a little bit, but all you can find are pictures of them installed on the car... I want to know if anybody has a little mini series of pictures of how they installed one? and what it looks like with the trunk open.

Im debating between the 89+ wing and the bomex wing...

If you have pictures post them up!!!!!

jdmk3_87t

Take it!
Apr 29, 2005
SoCaL
The bomex whale tail is installed with two clamps on the side that are mounted onto the rear hatch and two bolts that are screwed using your existing holes of your stock wing

p862184_1.jpg

Clied

Wangan Supra
Jun 8, 2006
NorCal
What if you have a pre89? Does that mean no holes have to be drilled? Can you just use the holes that were from the stock wing?

jsnowman76

In need of another supra
Oct 17, 2006
Elk grove, CA
Clied said:
What if you have a pre89? Does that mean no holes have to be drilled? Can you just use the holes that were from the stock wing?
jdmk3_87t in his sig says that he has an 87

so I would assume that that is what he is talking about.

Im leaning more towards the whale tail.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
So its basically just drill some holes and glue it down? haha
Should i put weather stripping where it sits on the fenders though?

And i have an 89+ wing, so can i just drill holes for that, and then those will work for the bomex wing?

heyitsdatguy

loser.....
Jan 9, 2007
Mira Mesa,CA
it isn't really that hard to install it. you'll love it once you install the wing. i know i do. remember, measure twice and install once to save you frustration.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Rennat said:
So its basically just drill some holes and glue it down? haha
Should i put weather stripping where it sits on the fenders though?

And i have an 89+ wing, so can i just drill holes for that, and then those will work for the bomex wing?

If you just use the bolts and glue the whale tail down, it may develop a wing and fly away.

The Bomex whale tail is held on with bolts and C-clamps. I have an 89+ Supra and don't recall having to drill holes on my hatch.

In addition bolting down the whale tail, there are 2 c-clamps that come with the whale tail, one for each side of the car. The c-clamp clamps the whale tail and hatch together.

suprarcr89

The Juggernaut has my old
my whaletail came on the car and was only bolted down in the rear with the two bolts in the factory location.. mine is a shine replica of the bomex whale tail fits good when the car was repainted i reinstalled it same way but dont feel safe with it like this even though its been fine..... On the shine one there are more holes but you have to drill to mount it towards the front...... where do these clamps go exactly and what do they look like can you show pics exactly.. thanks

Jo3f1sh

Noob
Jul 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
When i re-installed my spoiler after getting the car painted, i used 3M double sided tape along the edge just for that extra piece of mind. It's far enough inside that you can't see it.