WestCan SupraFest Show and Shine, Van BC, Sept 8th

Suprafiend

Jul 15, 2005
Van, BC
Hey everyone, as was discussed before, we are going to do the Show and Shine for SupraFest this year on Cypress Mtn on Sept 8th. We had SupraFest already in Kamloops back in July, but we were missing cars in a few award categories so we decided to put off the Show and Shine. To spruce up the weekend a little, we’re going to hit the drags at the Street Legals in Mission on Friday, Sept 7th as well. There will be certificates for the fastest times in a few different categories. There is also an AutoCross with the VCMC club (same club that hosted the SupraFest Autox last year) on Sunday, Sept 9th that many of us will be going to as well.

Sept 7th, Street Legals, Mission

Gates open at 4:30 p.m., racing starts at 5:30 p.m. and ends at approx. 11:00 p.m. Spectator admission is 5 bucks, Racer admission is 25 bucks. Tech cards are only sold during daylight hours and often sell out (300 in all), so I would recommend getting there before 6 if you really want to race, but they are often available up till 7:30. Your car must pass a Tech inspection, they will check your overflow bottle to see if it has coolant in it (you are supposed to change your coolant to water).
http://www.missionraceway.com/

Sept 8th, Show and Shine, Surrey and Cypress Mtn in North Van

We will meet at Red Robin at Guildford Mall in Surrey at 12:00 noon. We’ll grab some lunch as usual, then cruise out to Cypress at 1:30pm. The caravan from Surrey should be arriving at the top of Cypress at around 2:00pm so if you can’t make the Surrey leg of the trip, feel free to just meet us up there for the Show and Shine. Registration is 10 dollars and that gets you into the car show, a vote sheet, and entered into our draw for door prizes.

http://www.redrobin.com/home/locate.aspx?id=288&dist=6.38

UPDATE: VCMC has postponed the Autox that was supposed to be on Sunday. The Autox portion of our weekend is now canceled, but the other days will go on as planned. If you were itching for some autox action, the autox was reschdueled to Sept 23rd and I should be attending. I can post up the same info again for that weekend if people are up for going.

And that’s it, post if you like and feel free to ask any questions here.

Last edited:

Suprafiend

Jul 15, 2005
Van, BC
UPDATE: VCMC has postponed the Autox that was supposed to be on Sunday. The Autox portion of our weekend is now canceled, but the other days will go on as planned. If you were itching for some autox action, the autox was reschdueled to Sept 23rd and I should be attending. I can post up the same info again for that weekend if people are up for going.