Werid Clutch Slipping ???

fonz87

89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
i recently had a bad clutch and it was slipping really bad in every gear, so i got a new clutch from Toyota and i had the flywheel resurfaced. I know when i had the flywheel resurfaced, it was done right. After driving it for about 2000 miles on the clutch, it started slipping in 3rd and 4th... on the new clutch. when i put it in 5th and back in 4th and then 3rd and go WOT, it won't slip. I have noticed that it would only slip when i push the clutch pedal all the way to get it in gear and release the pedal and give it gas,going WOT, it would slip.

my question here is....... Is my Slave Cylinder going bad ? I m planning on replacing this, this week and before i spend anymore money on the car. i want to make sure it's the slave cylinder.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
No.

Did you adjust the clutch freeplay?

Lets play a game. If you did, describe what you did. Your descriptions tend to be a barrel of laughs. :D

fonz87

89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
never i found out what the slipping problem is, since i have a 71 k mile supra, i thought the pressure plate would be in good condition, so i didn't bother replacing it when i had the clutch replaced. My pressure plate is worn out.

fonz87

89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
Zumtizzle;1401678 said:
No Laughs. ;)

Clutches are replaced in complete assemblies.

hahah yea... hay, i guess you learn from mistakes right ??

I m putting the car away for the winter in a month so full clutch replacement will have to wait till next year.