Well, it's official. I am no longer a civilain....

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
RTA Supra said:
Damn Mark, I just saw this thread. Thank you for what you're doing, and you'll be in my prayers for sure! I knew you were a stand up guy, but had no idea you served too :bigthumb:

Thanks Eli! Yeah, I have about 10 years in already, so retirement is right around the corner. :biglaugh:

Alyway, Jayson is going to help me get my car back together so I can move. That means I will be at the meet on the 18th, will I see you there? Also, all of the spare parts I have laying around will go to Jayson since he's helping me sooooo much, but I'm sure if you, Kelly or Josh need something he'll help you out too.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Your a very impressive person for going back into service during a time of war, knowing what you do having been in before.

You have my thanks, and my awe.

It's too bad you have to deal with the barbs of those who for political reasons can't see the need to defend freedom, and the way of life they enjoy, but don't understand is so rare around the world.

I've grown up around military families, and there are some serious benefits to completing 20 years. (As I'm sure you know.) Many families I knew as a kid were retired military, and then they were working on 20 more years with Boeing or Bell, and a double retirement at about age 60. (A few sooner, but most people started about 20 years old.) Not a bad life at 60.

Best of luck, stay safe, and thanks again for defending me. I know heroes when I see them, and I thank them every chance I get :) (I travel quite a bit, so I see troops coming and going on the planes from time to time, and always take a moment and say thanks for defending our freedom.)

Take care! Kick ass, and have a great time. :)

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
rakkasan,

We've had our differences, but nothing but the highest regard for what you are doing.

I take back about 1/2 the bad things I've said about you... :icon_razz

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Supracentral said:
rakkasan,

We've had our differences, but nothing but the highest regard for what you are doing.

I take back about 1/2 the bad things I've said about you... :icon_razz

LOL, how the hell do I capture the other half? :aigo: :biglaugh:

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
SC, more...

Money doesn't solve everything. I'll make less money, although the net income isn't that much of difference, but I'm tired of the rat race. The life of a soldier is much simpler. There is no physical product that you have to market, you simply have to train & maintain except when you go down range. I had to constantly worry about finding new projects to work on in order to get money in the door, and keep a balance of what i brought in. Too much & you work yourself to death, too little & you starve to death. I want out of it and I want to do what I love to do.

The deployments sound bad to those that don't have to do them. I look forward to them because that's when a large portion of the BS stops. Sure, the family will be missed, but to be honest, my wife & I have been married for 14 years & she appreciates the time we spend apart because she can focus on her things. My kids though, that is the one true draw back.

As dumb as this may sound, I'll get to spend more time with the family that I've been able to for the last several years.