Well, it's official. I am no longer a civilain....

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
CryoSlash said:
hope you like making friends with bullets.
Welcome to the club of dickheads. -1 to you. I don't remember you being like this until recently either. Don't know what happened to you.

Like I said, whip their asses, and win this war.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
CryoSlash said:
WTF? I was implying he was going to befriend them and "take down the enemy". I did not wish for him to get shot.

He saids right here that he didn't mean anything negative towards Mark...........:dunno:

I've cleaned out a spot for your supra Mark. I really am going out of my way to take care of your car for you. I will receive no pleasure in driving, uh, watching your car for you.......................:biglaugh:

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Rakk;

Thanks for your past and future service to our nation.::salute:: I know you're gonna' be in the 'shit' over there,(if you go to Iraq) but try to stay safe.
Godspeed,... and enjoy Ft.Benning!:biglaugh:

mattgo

Oct 15, 2006
Anacortes, WA
A ranger WOW, my uncle is a colonol in the rangers. He got shot twice, both in the leg. And he still loves being in the rangers. My dad got shot in the chest but had protection (marines).

Most respect to you dude. And prayers too. Our country is lucky to have brave people like you join one of the most dangerous jobs you can have.

I'm thinking of joining the marine recon, but I'm not sure yet.

Good luck

jpeek29208

Boostin Daily
Apr 4, 2005
Enterprise, Al
nice to here your back in mark, youll enjoy it im sure. my dad just go restationed himself so our family is about to go through a move in summer. i myself might be seeing you this summer in GA. give me a call or PM and ill tell ya the rest.

Josh

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
jpeek29208 said:
nice to here your back in mark, youll enjoy it im sure. my dad just go restationed himself so our family is about to go through a move in summer. i myself might be seeing you this summer in GA. give me a call or PM and ill tell ya the rest.

Josh

Josh, PM me your number again, I'll try to call you tonight...

RTA Supra

MA70 Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2005
Tampa, FL
Damn Mark, I just saw this thread. Thank you for what you're doing, and you'll be in my prayers for sure! I knew you were a stand up guy, but had no idea you served too :bigthumb:

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
DreamerTheresa said:
Rakka - are you married? Kids? Just curious.

That aside, I think it's huge of you to sell your business and home and make the commitment to do this full time.

Yep, I married & have two boys. One is 11. the other is 7. Everyone is anticipating the move to Ft Benning. My wife & I took the kids up to Ft Benning twice within the last two months & we stayed with some of our family so they could get a feel of what it's like to live on an Army installation. The inherent additional security an Army post provides allows use to give them a bit more freedom that we can't at our present house. There is no speeding, no thugs, next to no crime.....

Also, my oldest is autistic, so the thought of being able to give him any treatment he requires without worrying about the cost is a huge. I paid an average of $966/mo last year for insurance, co-pays & prescriptions. This year looks to be even higher.

As for the business, yes, it's all but gone. It's a good thing though. Anyone that owns a business will attest that it's too much work. I'm so glad to shed the stresses of all of it, it makes the Army a true gravy life. The company is really a shell company. "It" had four PC's, a server & some furniture last year, but in effort to reduce the stress, I downsized. I had three employees, so I let two of the go & put the one I kept in his house. I paid the two a nice chunk of coin, 6 mo salary, & let them keep their PC's. The real value of 'the company' was the network of customers & the name. The guy I retained bought it, so I know it will be in good hands. Also, he's paying me a few bucks a week until I actually leave for the Army on Jan 5th.

Actually, after the sale, I'll pocket a decent knot of dollars, but no where near what I had invested in it. Really though, I'm walking away happy. In the black, we're investing the money from the sale of the house in an IRA, my family will be taken care of, I'll still retire at 48yo & I'll be without stress. Not to mention I was born for the Army, I've missed it since the day I left. Life is good.

Hell, after my household goods are packed up next week, all I will have to do until Jan 5th is work out. :icon_razz