well bad events finally forced me to get my dream car...go figure

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
i wrecked my honda prelude yesturday (rear ended a shortbus you know the one for the handycaped....even though i was lookin pretty tarded myself)...

so i wrecked the honda and called my car dealer and asked what he could work out for me.....he said just come and pick up the supra....handed him $500 and drove off after the paperwork.....so in total its gonna cost me $2400 but the car is in great shape accept the rear hatch leaks water, the sunroof leaks and is all nasty siliconed by the previous owner, and i think the front windshield is leaking but still could be the sunroof.....so maybe someone on the board could hook me up with some new trim and gaskets for the sunroof or even a whole new sunroof so i can replace the old one....well see

oh and its a n/a sadly but i will be converting you can mark my word lol!

here she is...her name is sonya lol

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

yes the dash does read 90,000 miles.....lol sweeeet

and one question....is it normal for the oil pressure to be this low at idle after driveing for about 2 hours?

sm_photo_missing.jpg

SupraN/Asty

N/A-Built T(slowly)
Feb 6, 2007
Greensboro
Sad to hear about the wreak. Good thing you are alright. Seems you came up on another ride fast. Good to have another SM member. Good looking Supra.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
are they actually nice seats???? i thought they looked cheap myself and i was gonna look one the parts forum to see if anybody had factory seats they want to let go

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
those are very nice seats, definitely not stock. haha i like your JDM tyte front license plates, i'd say you got a steal considering that it's running, low mileage, 5-spd, and it's that clean.

welcome to the boards!

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Hmm... you're right, those aren't stock seats. I thought they were, just recovered at first, but now I see the backs are odd.

You should find out what kind they are, and compare by sitting in some real Supra seats, see if you want to switch back.

ImpulseDrive

Apr 23, 2007
Brooklyn
I love the color of your supra. Don't see many blue, mostly white, black and red. (from what I seen)

And really is the oil pressure okay? My two brothers and nephew drive mk3s and thier oil pressure stays around the 40-80 mark. The other mk3 I had before this one also.

Mine only goes when I hit the throttle. On idle it does like his. Mine is a 91 7m-gte.

The other four were an 87 7mgte, and the other 3 are 89 7MGE and 927MGE.

Sorry for the little derail but its a clean supra and you definitely got away like a bandit for it. Can't wait to see how it turns out =D

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
ImpulseDrive;931951 said:
And really is the oil pressure okay? My two brothers and nephew drive mk3s and thier oil pressure stays around the 40-80 mark. The other mk3 I had before this one also.

Mine only goes when I hit the throttle. On idle it does like his. Mine is a 91 7m-gte.

The other four were an 87 7mgte, and the other 3 are 89 7MGE and 927MGE.
Mine sits in the same place, although the readings are different because it's in metric. Hasn't had a problem, and it's a fresh rebuild.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
okay cool deal....i was just makeing sure....i think im gonna buy a nice aftermarket oil pressure guage...from what i understand the factory one isnt so super.

the jdm lisence plate i didnt put on...its comming off tomorrow!!!!! all but one speaker in the car is blown so i need some replacement speakers....still has factory head unit which sucks lol.....

the only bad thing i can think of about the car right now is the windows leaking, i think i need to rebuild the tacks on the power windows cause the driver window isnt very solid (it wobbles when you roll the window down), and when i start moveing from a dead stop and i dont get the revs just high enough i get some clatter from the valves (i believe its the valves at least) it sounds like my old toyota pickup with a 22re...other then that the car has gobs of power for me atleast but you can never have enough...

ill be getting better pics once my friends tattoo parlor opens.....maybe ill take it threw the car wash also....

im gonna miss my honda....i wanted both the cars.....i usually always have two cars....such a nice running car too!

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Nice car. You don't see to many dark blue supras. To bad about the prelude, those cars are nice. Good luck with your new car. Search the site for all the info you need.

The rear hatch issue could be one or all of the following: rear hatch seal, rear tailight seals, rear whiper. I had to replace all of mine. The sunroof looks aftermarket and any good install shop should be able to reseal it or even replace it if necessary.

RTA Supra;932008 said:
S2000 Seats?

They look similar but I would need a daytime pic to be sure.

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
Nice pickup!

Looks to be in decent shape. The seats look nice but at the same time they look to be some of those cheap seats from ebay. I'd look for some stockers IMO.

AWESOME COLOR. :)

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
I think you came out good in the end... you may have lost your Honda, but you picked a really nice Supra. It is a hardtop with a sunroof... pretty rare too. What kind of seats are those?

Wh1t3T1g3r

The Dreamer
Feb 11, 2008
New Hampshire
Nice Supra, i like the color a lot. Those seats are definitely nice. :icon_surp I actually changed my stocks seats, although they were leather, they were torn up everywhere. I have the intention of re stiching them, but for now I put in the latest model celica seats. They are pretty comfortable.
Celica Seats 004.jpg

Celica Seats 005.jpg

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
yeah ill get some new pics when all the snow melts and its worth washing off the car....gonna go over it with a serious buffing and wax

oh and got to play around a little tonight....supra 1-bmw-0

i like this car....already trying to find a turbo motor!

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
I detail all day every day. So I may have something for you. May I say if you want better than what local stores supply:
http://www.prowax.com/waxes.shtml#page_top
http://www.prowax.com/compound.shtml#page_top
P-26 clear cut coumpound
R-36 cherry finishing wax

Get a pint of the p-26..you should only need it for thr first time..very light duty not harsh removes light scratches and oxidation. Finishing wax is r-36 the best wax I have ever used in 7 years of detailing. Smells very good and an insane shine and protection.

Last edited: