weird

evilone

they call me Tatter Salad
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Worth
ok i know the title is very open on discription but i didnt know how else to put it.anyways i went out to my supra in my garage today to go back to work on it as i usually do.well i go to open the drivers side door and i noticed that it wouldnt open as easily as it usually does.well i figured since i left the garage door open and it was below freezing and i had to get ice off the front of the car that might have had something to do with it.stupid me didnt even bother to see if it was clearing the fender or not and of course it was the fender it was hanging up on.next thing i know BOOOOM, the fender is all crushed in by the door. fron this morning to know i dont now what made it hange up now.i never had any issuses with the door catching before and i opened it at least 20 time yesterday with no problems.just mind boggling to me.wanted to share this with everyone.

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
A similar thing happenned to me on my lude. One day after getting my mechanic to do something to it he openned the door and the friggin trim detached and bend into the fender. No forwarning, no reasonable cause either. I think that perhaps it was your trim also, maybe it got caught in the fender, and forced the fender to crumple a bit as you openned the door.
eric

evilone

they call me Tatter Salad
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Worth
ya it des serve me right but out of the 20 year i have lived here, nothing has ever happened as far as houses or cars being broken into or anything like that so i guess it was just habit to leave it open.as far as the trim goes it wasnt the trim it was the front part of the front part of the door before the trim begins.that is what i didnt get either.o well guess i will be getting another fender before she goes and gets painted and out on the streets.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
thats just when something will happen - when no one expects it. BUT thats completely unrelated to the issue at hand. Yes, it sounds like your trim came away from the door a bit, just enough to not clear the fender gap and crumpled the fender.....