weekly car debate thread.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Both of those errored on me. pics that is.

Id be down for a old rs subby. But then i see them in person and go god those cars are soo smalllll.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Subaru anyday..Just look at the price for spare parts and rebuild kits compared to the Mitsubishi. Besides my wife has a Subaru and i've seen the punishment its has copped and still runs sweet so i'm biased.lol

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
new week, new debate. te 72 had a good suggestion so here it is. VIper vs COrvette. I pick the viper because i thinjk it looks better. it was one of my faoritve cars when i was a small child ad it still is today.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Corvette. Its an all around better car. Viper cant handle for shit and barely gets traction esp when modded. Plus the ls engine is amazing and sounds mean.

Corvette track cars own.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
damn this is a hard 1...

i love the viper and as of 2012 all vipers will have traction control and abs idk if that will help them keep up with a vette on a road course..

so with that said i would have to go with the corvette it would have to be a zr1 or i wouldnt buy it

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Depends. Original Vipers were hand made and just bare bones crazy cars. Back then, I'd take one over a Corvette. Once the C5 came out and beat the snot out of the Vipers in competition the tables turned.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I love the way the original GTS looked. Those cars just screamed speed... however, I've NEVER mistaken a Vette for a Miata in my side mirror before. Happened to me with a Viper once, true story. Was a similar dark green that the first generation Miatas had... felt like a tard once it passed me, but still. A 100k car should NOT be able to be mistaken by an enthusiast for something MUCH cheaper...

That all aside, Vette's just sound better. Never thought my feelings on this subject would be so one-sided until now, but Vipers, to me, have always sounded a lot like modified Audi 5-cylinder cars. Odd, to say the least. Last, I got to drive a C5 (would own it still had I been approved for the loan), and it was an absolute blast. Stock condition, handles 99% as good as a Miata, but goes like stink out of the corners, even if you're not revving the thing like crazy. I still have that drive burned brightly into memory. :)

Side note: Viper has been around for TWENTY YEARS NOW. I mean, it's one thing to say the Vette will be SIXTY next (model) year, but I still remember the original Viper coming out...

Pokey2301

Mar 2, 2010
Spangdahlem, Germany
te72;1740858 said:
I love the way the original GTS looked. Those cars just screamed speed... however, I've NEVER mistaken a Vette for a Miata in my side mirror before. Happened to me with a Viper once, true story. Was a similar dark green that the first generation Miatas had... felt like a tard once it passed me, but still. A 100k car should NOT be able to be mistaken by an enthusiast for something MUCH cheaper...

That all aside, Vette's just sound better. Never thought my feelings on this subject would be so one-sided until now, but Vipers, to me, have always sounded a lot like modified Audi 5-cylinder cars. Odd, to say the least. Last, I got to drive a C5 (would own it still had I been approved for the loan), and it was an absolute blast. Stock condition, handles 99% as good as a Miata, but goes like stink out of the corners, even if you're not revving the thing like crazy. I still have that drive burned brightly into memory. :)

Side note: Viper has been around for TWENTY YEARS NOW. I mean, it's one thing to say the Vette will be SIXTY next (model) year, but I still remember the original Viper coming out...

not a 100k car, but jen and i went through a Whataburger drive through on speedway in her car, and the guy said nice camaro!

and remember that show Viper that was on a while back, didnt last long but it was ok. a red viper in normal mode, but silver and futuristic looking in stealth mode

connor.stephens

Nov 17, 2010
Clackamas, OR
Viper is more exclusive and if you had one you would hardly ever see another one. corvettes all look the same basically and you see them EVERYWHERE!!! performance for the money the vette is a better buy but I would have to go viper because its way rarer and looks way better

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
You've got a point about the Viper being more exclusive, but like women, we all have different taste in looks with cars. I for one, never really get tired of seeing Vettes. Well, I get tired of seeing them being driven like old people who can't see past he headlights, but that's hardly the car's fault...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
So... new week, new selection? I like this one, don't want this thread to die out due to lack of ideas, so I'll throw out one if I might be so bold (not to step on the OP's feet here, just trying to keep things moving...).

MR2 vs. Miata

Two similar natured cars, both 4 cylinder, both rear drive, both purist cars, both meant for the twisties... I'm a bit biased, having had two Miatas in the past, but the first time I took a ride in an MR-S, I fell in love. Hearing that engine fire up from BEHIND you is unmistakably awesome, and an experience not to be had otherwise unless:

A) Your mullet was itching and you bought another Fiero, or
B) You have enough money to buy an Italian mid engined car of some sort.

Discuss. :)

connor.stephens

Nov 17, 2010
Clackamas, OR
MR2 hands down. looks better IMO its a turbo it has t tops and its faster. I have never really liked miatas they look small and I always see old men driving them around....mid life crisis???

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Miatas own on thye track its why they have there own class.

But so would a mr2.

Id totally take the mr2 turbo for sure tho.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Depends on which generation of which car :)

Also, have to remove the cost issue, and the whole "you're a fag for driving that car."

Spec Miata races are probably one of the easiest and cheapest ways to get into racing.

Looks wise, I'll take the Mister Two any day of the week. The main issue with the two cars is the handling aspect of the MR2 that is a bit harder to master.

The only reason I'd go miata is because they're easier and cheaper to find...