weekly car debate thread.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
suprastupid;1731319 said:
...2zz gt-s not up to par with the k20 teg ...
You didn't see Lotus put a Honda engine in their Elise, did you? ;)

Suprapowaz!(2);1731324 said:
Why not start a new thread for a new set of cars? I was going to post about the Mustang vs. Camaro debate.
I think that it'd be up to the OP whether or not to allow late debate on last week's set, but I have no problem with it. :)

As for Integra versus Celica, I've never owned, driven, or even been in an Integra. I like the styling of them through the years, they seem like nice cars, but I always thought of them as being in the Prelude's shadow, both in style and power. That said, I've owned 1 Celica (1979) and a Celica Supra (1984), driven a 2000 GT-S, loved them all for various reasons.

Show me an Integra that looks this good and we can settle the debate:

p1731670_1.jpg

file_25.jpg

Debate settled, far as I'm concerned...

suprastupid

Apr 4, 2010
tx
Uhh the 2zz was used in the lotus for emissions and cost purposes only... it is a sufficent motor to propel the lightweight lotus. Look at the people swaping in mild k20's and mopping the floor with the supercharged 2zz's... i love the 2zz and would rather have it over a k20 but a faster motor it is not... the market isnt there for the 2zz and the rich people with them are still struggling to make the 200whp mark na...k20's its easy ihe and a tune and its over 200 easy... end rant.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

laotionracer101

Jan 8, 2010
Arkansas
as far as the Honda 4cyl vs Toyota 4cyl thing goes I'd say Honda is more familiar with the naturally aspirated side while Toyota left theirs to boost. I mean 3sgte, hands down is like a mini 2j. This debate is sort of a dogmatic one, asking who here would take a Honda over a Toyota Lol.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
laotionracer101;1732403 said:
as far as the Honda 4cyl vs Toyota 4cyl thing goes I'd say Honda is more familiar with the naturally aspirated side while Toyota left theirs to boost. I mean 3sgte, hands down is like a mini 2j. This debate is sort of a dogmatic one, asking who here would take a Honda over a Toyota Lol.

Hey, personally I like Honda engines, at least the 4 cylinder ones. They make some particularly nice bike engines... and as much of a Toyota guy as I am, and would love to build a 3SGE Beams engine for the 7 replica, I think spending the same amount on a stock F20c or F22 would be a better option. I'm in agreement though, pitting anything Toyota against most any other vehicle, you're going to get skewed opinions out of this bunch. :)

As for the 3sgte being a mini-2j, look at the specs of them sometime. That's exactly what it is. Both share the same 86mm bore/stroke, among many other similarities, racing heritage, etc...

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
As for the 3sgte being a mini-2j, look at the specs of them sometime. That's exactly what it is. Both share the same 86mm bore/stroke, among many other similarities, racing heritage, etc...[/QUOTE]

thats pretty cool info. i did not know that.

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
new week, new debate. this week is another gm-ford showdown. Gran national/T Type vs. THunderbird.

the gran national gets my vote. its been one of my favorite cars ever since my friend got one in high school.

GN-1.jpg

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
76 celica gt coupe > integra any day. Only time a honda is useful is when there full race in there own class.

pics-med-14974-332461-1976-toyota-celica-ta22-gt.jpg

p1734488_1.jpg

p1734488_2.jpg

p1734488_3.jpg

Heres one that was at torc with a 1jz and 74mm)iirc) Supposed to make 700hp.
p1734488_4.jpg

Edit awe man. jumped the gun after the first post on this page.

turbo gran national all the way tho. t birds are junk.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Considering how many GN's I've seen rip the strip at LVMS, and how many junked out T-birds I've seen throughout my lifetime, I gotta go with the Buick.

Granted, I do remember an 80's T-bird that a customer of mine had when I was working at Blockbuster years ago. Thing had WELL over 400k on the clock, with just fluid changes and the occasional starter/battery replacement.

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
the only reason why i picked those two cars was because of the supercharged v6 t bird they had in ythe late 80's. im suprprised it didnt even get one vote so far tho lol

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
new week, new debate. this week is a rally car debate, evo vs. sti. I pick the sti, because i like the way boxer engines sound, and i think they look better than the evo. plus, they are not an overgrown dsm lol.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
sti.

On top gear everyone liked the evo better but it was actually slower around there track.

That said i hate both the new ones. I like the buggy eye sti. and the evo 8/9 are ok. Id prolly never own either tho and from what i have seen most subby owners are dicks.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Based soley on the automaker, STi. Mitsubishi looks for any way to void your warranty while Subaru doesn't care most of the time.

I've seen some seriously impressive things done on te track with an Evo, but the STi is more my style. More of a GT car than a racing car.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I've seen impressive things out of either car. Modern generation, I'd pass on either of them, they're both hideous right now. Classic? I'd take an Evo VI, things look mean...

However, after seeing how much a bit of porting and exhaust work opens up a Subaru EJ engine, I'd be rather tempted. Things flow a good amount of air for a little boxer... plus, there's that SOUND. :drool: