weekend cruise w/targa off=sex, lol (long post)

boostindoo

Jul 18, 2006
raleigh
just cant get this koolaid smile off my face!! anywhoo, ended up racing a newer box style supercharged cobra!!! haha!!!

saw him before getting on the highway, he was behind me, he sped up to check my ride out.... his buddies, i think were behind him in a rounder body 4.6 gt....they sped up and kinda surrounded me, lol!! my ride was an na so maybe they thought i was a typical rice boy being asian and all...

i saw the intercooler and heard the bov, i was like damned!! the thing was really sweet and sounded hella mean!! oh well i said, my first race and i was gonna get my ass handed to me...

he was revving, i sped up a little bit on the highway, than BAM, he took off. i dropped mine into 4th and was on his ass like white on rice, in fact i think i could of crawled past him.... so he slowed down and i pulled off, but he still wanted to play.. so i floored it in 5th, got to over 140 and had to slow down...my targa was off remember?? i know, no racing with the targa off, but i was only pulling straight... could really feel the car being unstable though....

anyways his boys finally catchup, haha, i used to think those gt's were a lil quick, guess not.... i believe he was a lil upset he couldnt leave me, cause he was sure as hell trying! he wouldnt even look over when he exited....

his ride was sweet.... anyways, couldnt get rid of my koolaid smile, and i luv supras!!!!

Last edited:

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
So if I'm reading this right, you're saying you kept up with a turbocharged Mustang Cobra in your NA Supra...?

boostindoo

Jul 18, 2006
raleigh
1jz singled, Na shell, I think I would of had him by a cock hair...
It was just so funny that I kept up with him, that whine was very
intimidating, but so is an open wg, lol!!!

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
suprafanatic;1419231 said:
haha, i prefer to hear turbo spool and then an opening waste gate sound ;)

your putting thoughts into my head.......................ahhhhhhhh
ive been building my 7mgte for 5 months now. i still havent heard that wastegate open or that turbo spool. soon very soon. no bhg jokes i got the head machined and got a 2mm mhg with arp's strapping the head down.

i managed to blow the headgasket on a ge:3d_frown: i was taking no chances.

boostindoo

Jul 18, 2006
raleigh
i blew my ge headgasket also, actually it blew itself, haha....no 7m jokes...i think to be a 7m owner, u have to be more patient and detail oriented, cant slack....