way too much pressure....

BoostJunkie

Nov 27, 2008
Clarksville, TN
My coolant system is building so much pressure that it is causing my coolant pipes to pop off. Is it because the radiator cap has crapped out and not releasing pressure like it should. its a 1.1 bar on an aftermarket radiator. It just started doin this today.

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
BoostJunkie;1237212 said:
My coolant system is building so much pressure that it is causing my coolant pipes to pop off. Is it because the radiator cap has crapped out and not releasing pressure like it should. its a 1.1 bar on an aftermarket radiator. It just started doin this today.

rather than listen to a bunch of guys speculating on what it is test your car. Sounds like it could be a headgasket issue, so test for one or have the car checked at a shop then decide how to fix it

BoostJunkie

Nov 27, 2008
Clarksville, TN
Yeah, I'm sure it is a blown headgasket. What I'm wondering is isnt the radiator cap suppose to release some of that pressure?

Actually, it doesnt matter. I'm tradin the car in a few weeks. I cant afford to fix the damn thing everytime. Be cheaper to get a gas guzzling SUV then to own a MKIII supra.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Okay then I guess you don't need our help since it seems like you already have your mind made up...

Be sure to tell the next owner you think it has a BHG.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
BoostJunkie;1237227 said:
Actually, it doesnt matter. I'm tradin the car in a few weeks. I cant afford to fix the damn thing everytime. Be cheaper to get a gas guzzling SUV then to own a MKIII supra.

yourthread.jpg

I've owned several MKIII Supras since 1990. Properly maintained, they are damned near free to operate other than putting fuel in them.

Perhaps it's just not the car for you.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
IJ.;1237332 said:
Any downtime my car has had has been 100% my fault if I don't get it wrong it's damn reliable even at 470rwhp.

I'm running about 380 RWHP on my daily driver (1990 Turbo) and it's damned reliable...

mk3cynruner

Oct 17, 2008
Ontario CA.
mines a dd and my mountain car...i think it s funny cause when i blew my na i was thinking the same way, i decided to put the money down on ARPs, metal headgasket and fixed it myself. Good choice on the account of i haven't had a problem since.

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
good luck trading it in. they wont give you much at all. your better off parting it out or selling it to a fellow supra owner.
-pete

estrellainc

Supra Agent
Dec 26, 2005
mississippi
IJ.;1237332 said:
Any downtime my car has had has been 100% my fault if I don't get it wrong it's damn reliable even at 470rwhp.

lmao IJ.
My current downtime is due to OWNER ERROR too.

best damn ride ive ever had was a supe... even tho i never drove without me tools!

and if ya want... u can drop off your no longer loved supra here at my place. I will gladly accept!

love peace n hairgrease!