WARNING: Scam artist and thief working out of silverdale/bremerton selling stolen 7m.

chtulu

Aug 14, 2012
gold bar
Hey guys,

recently I posted about my trouble with a shady mechanic. Long story short; he chattel lien'd my vehicle illegally and i am currently in a lawsuit to get back the vehicle + damages owed.

He is now attempting to sell my vehicle for as much money as possible and as quickly as possible EVEN THOUGH i have a court order signed by a judge that prohibits him from touching the vehicle until a judgement has been made.

The person's name is Mike Cain and he claims to run a business called Cain's Car Customizing.

Here are the links to the craigslist of my vehicle he is trying to sell

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/4114885173.html

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/pts/4114926488.html

WARNING: Do NOT purchase anything from him. If you do, anything purchased from him will be repossessed and put into my name after the court date that is coming up. The title is already suspended as well as every piece recorded with serial numbers and receipts. He does NOT know anything about the work done, and did NOTHING himself. He chattel lien'd it after i already had another shop complete the work.

If you know anyone who has found this ad and wanted to buy this vehicle, please warn them as well. I will be reporting this vehicle as stolen as well as the engine and all parts that he may try to strip as soon as the court judgement is settled. you or your friend WILL lose your money and no compensation will be given.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
You don't have to worrry about anyone buying your car at the price he has listed. Good luck with the lawsuit.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
1k rwhp monster? He knows so much about it but can't give any info on any of the work done. It's such a monster but he's got a half finished engine in the car with no specs.

There's no way in hell I'd ever buy a 'race' ready car from a guy who's done all the work himself but can't even post ANY of the specs on the build.

chtulu

Aug 14, 2012
gold bar
Ya, my 7m is quite special and isn't hard to notice. Its my goalto have it be one of those most "built" 7ms besides that 6 second dragster. So if anyone does buys it. It won't be hard to find the block within the community. It will be considered stolen so I doubt anyone would want that headache

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Villy253;1970027 said:
The guy had work done to the engine that was unwanted with out chtulu's consent if i remember correctly

Oh, that's right. I remember that thread. The mechanic that was double charging labor, and doing shit that just didn't make sense just to hike up the bill. His labor rate was pretty cheap per hour though. I just didn't know what became of it. This sucks. I'm sure you'll get a judgment against him regardless of what he does with the car. Good luck.

chtulu

Aug 14, 2012
gold bar
Update, this guy sold my 7mgte block and the r154 transmission, i sued and won, but no way to collect on him since he makes hardly any money and he already got rid of my stuff. My block was very well built and is one of a kind. Last I heard is that he sold it to someone from California for around 3500? It's all black with dark blue stripes on the valve cover, adjustable blue titan cam gears, all forged internals, BC valve kit, and cam shafts.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
So how are you going to collect? If he gets a tax return will that be forfeited and handed over to you? How does the judge recommend you get your money?
Curious as to how much you were awarded as well?

chtulu

Aug 14, 2012
gold bar
I was awarded 30k, including labor, parts, time and work days loss due to the lawsuit. I have a judgement, but he has no assets for me to put a lien on, so basically I am fucked. Learn a lesson from me guys, don't let anyone touch your cars unless you know them personally, and have a long wrap of references.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I'm not familiar with civil cases like this, but is there a way for them to garnish wages?

If somebody owed me $30k I'd be hard pressed to let it go just because the cheater has no assets.

IchibanEye

Supramania Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
The Honeycomb Hideout
If he has a legitimate business i have seen them taking licenses away and shutting them down until payment is rendered. I know you mentioned that he has no assets but what about small things like his vehicle, washer, dryer and wage garnishments. I was awarded a judgement once and the other party basically had nothing also but over a ten year period I collected on wages, got some items they owned outright and a vehicle out of it. I never collected what I was owed or awarded in total but was satisfied the guilty parties life was now hell instead of mine. I'm sorry about your loss and happy you won ill keep an eye out for you as I have many contacts in Southern California. Best wishes brother.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
suprarx7nut;1998088 said:
I'm not familiar with civil cases like this, but is there a way for them to garnish wages?

If somebody owed me $30k I'd be hard pressed to let it go just because the cheater has no assets.

That's what I was thinking, I feel like there has to be some way for you to get that money out of him, one way or another.