want to shave my wastegate helpp

92turbo4life

Banned
Sep 12, 2005
wherever
i recently installed my test pipe and i have my hks ssq bov kit but i havent put it on yet b cause my friend who is helping me hasnt had time to do it wit me yet. i will b puttingit on the week of thanksgiving. i want to shave my wastegate to 8 or 9 pounds of boost. he told me he knew how to do it but if n e body knows how to do it posta reply o and directins or a link with step by step info.. thanks

4cefedauto

Apr 27, 2005
Cincinnati, OH
Shaving of the wastegate is not recommended as it might lead to irritation. :ugh2: Do a SEARCH for SHIMMING the wastegate, I think that will get you what you are looking for.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
4cefedauto said:
Shaving of the wastegate is not recommended as it might lead to irritation.
:yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
there are two bolts that hold the wastegate onto the compressor houseing. take your washers and stick them between the compressor housing and the bracket that holds the wastegate diaphram. this moves the wastegate closer to the front of the car. put your bolts back and there you go.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
BUT FIRST!!!

Make sure that all upkeep is up to date. I'm talking the works here - good oil, coolant flush, replace all the rubber hoses in your engine bay, check all your gaskets, fix any leaks of any type - do all the basic maintenance.

Next, do not shim the wastegate until you upgrade your intake and exhaust.

Lastly, make sure you have enough money in the bank for the head gasket job that will follow shortly afterwards, because running extra boost on a 13 year old head gasket is not going to hold for long.

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
CtSupra said:
i have a feeling another 92' is going to be heading to the junkyard...

Well, if he just shaves the turbo, it'll be alright. He'll just need some industrial strenght shaving cream...... :biglaugh:

92turbo4life

Banned
Sep 12, 2005
wherever
OK thanks for all the feedback.. bag that i aint shaving the wastegate.:biglaugh: i change my oil every 3000 miles i have upradded metal hks head gaskettes and all of my wires in the engine bay are brand new also with hardpipes to n from the intercooloer so i think i cant get it another way with parts n such or wait til it is time for a rebuild n make my turbo bigger or go 1jz..

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
heh if youve got all the prep out of the way, shim the waste gate! youll love your car even more (as long as its running right) with that extra boost.

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
in your car domain it says you beat an STI and a Srt-4 yet your car is stock...

also your only 15 and you shouldnt even be driving let alone racing in a car with that kind of power for a new driver.....

i agree this car will be in the junkyard soon one way or another