Want to get paid for your MKIII knowledge?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I'll charge you half of what these sharks want for some half-ass advice.
Like mentioned before, just post in the tech thread with your questions with pics and you'll get some pretty quick responses.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
MarkIII4Me;1887458 said:
He pays in good karma.

There are members here on whose cars I've done extensive engine, EFI, and electrical diagnostic work. All for free and at times after they dropped the car off and weren't even around. The only thing I asked in return was they keep quiet about it yet one of them couldn't even do that. I don't want to hear about good karma...

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Some of the best advice is free. I mentioned the idea of setting up a wiki/FAQ and trying to chronicle the sum of all MkIII knowledge between those of us who have been around for a while, but it would take a TON of work (not hours, months) and would require a big effort on behalf of the community.

Stuff like part numbers, how-to's, etc. not unlike mkiv.com but for our cars. Would be tough to moderate though, and I imagine much of the information would be added by people who "heard my budy did this it made his whip siiiick" etc.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Orion ZyGarian;1887882 said:
Stuff like part numbers, how-to's, etc. not unlike mkiv.com but for our cars. Would be tough to moderate though, and I imagine much of the information would be added by people who "heard my budy did this it made his whip siiiick" etc.
Lonnie, what about mkiii-tech.net or whatever it was? I'd remember the guy's name if I saw it, but not off the top of my head... there is also the tech articles section on here as well. :)

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
I may not be on here much anymore but I'm always available to bounce ideas off of via pm. I get instant email notifications on my phone, so it's much like texting me directly without the chance of 4am booty calls like Ian gets.

Also, I won't bs my way through anything, I'll tell you if i don't know.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
te72;1888542 said:
Lonnie, what about mkiii-tech.net or whatever it was? I'd remember the guy's name if I saw it, but not off the top of my head... there is also the tech articles section on here as well. :)

Dr. Jonez as I recall, another famous name. Pretty dead too unfortunately, as I recall. I'm already finding out nowadays how much Ive forgotten about these cars haha

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
OP: Your payment to those who help you through the forum can be listening and giving everything an honest effort. Then, when you're done, post your results for everyone to see and benefit in the future. There are multitudes of people here who will gladly help for free. All we ask is that you put forth an honest effort and keep us up to date on your progress.

If you get stuck... ask away! If you ask good questions you'll maybe even get help from JJ, IJ, SC, Pi(3.14...), figgie, etc... If you ask average questions you'll get responses from plenty of regular members with knowledge here and there with some BS thrown in. If you ask bad questions you'll be ignored by anyone knowledgeable.

Good luck!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
suprarx7nut;1888600 said:
OP: Your payment to those who help you through the forum can be listening and giving everything an honest effort. Then, when you're done, post your results for everyone to see and benefit in the future. There are multitudes of people here who will gladly help for free. All we ask is that you put forth an honest effort and keep us up to date on your progress.

If you get stuck... ask away! If you ask good questions you'll maybe even get help from JJ, IJ, SC, Pi(3.14...), figgie, etc... If you ask average questions you'll get responses from plenty of regular members with knowledge here and there with some BS thrown in. If you ask bad questions you'll be ignored by anyone knowledgeable.

Good luck!
Couldn't have said it better myself. Nobody likes to see their time wasted, so if any of the mentioned guys post something useful (it's almost ALWAYS useful, if sometimes cryptic to the under experienced, unless you're an ass to them), make sure you try your very best to understand what they're getting at.

aljordan;1888604 said:
BTW, how is my lapping plate Dwayne and Ron?
Alan, I don't think either of those guys has been on here all that much in recent years. Occasionally we'll see Duane grace us with his presence, but I can't even remember the last time I saw Ron on here...

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
Well thanks for the feedback fellas. I'm starting early tomorrow morning...I'm gonna take a bunch of pics to eventually post a build thread. Gonna be a pretty extreme before and after..I can't wait! I'll keep posting on this thread if I have a question. Thanks again guys.