Walbroo pump test

SupraMKIII-NO

Jan 11, 2010
Norway
Hi,

I have a set of two walbro fuel pumps that i have connected to my fuel pump hanger.. I want to test the system for leaks before i install it, so my question is; can i test the pumps in water?? Can i run them for a few seconds in water, or are they designed to work in fuel ONLY??

Thanks, Daniel.

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
Yeah, dont put them in water..

Just dump some fuel into a bucket and set the hanger in it. You can run wires directly from a battery to the power and ground of the hanger.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Some precautions to follow:
DO NOT do this in your garage, or close to your house.
DO NOT stand close to the bucket of fuel when connecting the wires to a battery source.
You might want to have some kind of extinguisher on hand just incase this test gets out of hand.

On a side note, I tested my walbro in a bucket water. I ran it for 1 minute and pumped the water into a seperate container. I took the amount of water it pumped and multiplied it by 60. I came up with 255lph. After doing the test I blew compressed air into the pump until it was dry. I then hosed down the inside with wd40. I later installed it on the car, and it's been running fine ever since. I was worried it would get ruined in water too, but I was too afraid to do it in a bucket of gasoline. My fucking luck I would burn my house down even using all precautions.

If you test your pump in water and ruin it you'd be out roughly $85.
If you test your pump in gas and something goes wrong you'll be out alot more than $85.

Good luck to which ever you choose to do.