Vid of my 2jz mkiii

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
suprahero said:
You can run 19-20 psi and feel safe with it? I was running 20psi for a while, but got scared because of all the negative stuff I read about going over 17psi on pump gas. My afr's showed perfect at 20psi, but I still got scared. I may turn the boost back up some and leave it. If it blows up, I'd just have to rebuild it. I wouldnt mind doing that anyways.
Do you have any form of Knock Detection?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
No, all I have is my wideband that tells me what the afr's are reading. My knock sensor is null and void. I may need to hook something up so I can see that. What do you recommend?

daneyan

Banned
Sep 1, 2005
South Florida
suprahero said:
No, all I have is my wideband that tells me what the afr's are reading. My knock sensor is null and void. I may need to hook something up so I can see that. What do you recommend?

is it not when u go super lean u start getting knock? i had my car at 21 psi wit zero knock on the afc at all and thats on 440's wit afpr and a walbro. if your af's are fine then run it at 20.

mrsuprafreak

Where does it end?
Aug 14, 2005
Orlando
www.cardomain.com
suprahero said:
You can run 19-20 psi and feel safe with it? I was running 20psi for a while, but got scared because of all the negative stuff I read about going over 17psi on pump gas. My afr's showed perfect at 20psi, but I still got scared. I may turn the boost back up some and leave it. If it blows up, I'd just have to rebuild it. I wouldnt mind doing that anyways.

LOL, yes I can run it @ 19-20 everyday, but feel safe is another thing. I only do it because the guy that tuned my car had it on the dyno all day and I asked what could I run safe he said 20psi and nothing more. I can run more but it won't be safe. The guys that worked on my car are awesome and know what there talking about. Conrad and Neil from C&N Performance and they used there tuner Doc.
So whatever they tell me I'm like ok and that's it.

To be honest with you I don't like getting on the gas in my car under 18psi. And even now I think I'm going to always keep 5gals of 110 in it so i can keep it @ 24-29psi on the street just because it feels like a different animal. It's almost time to upgrade to make more power at a lower boost pressure. If it wasn't for the clutch I would be doing cams right now.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Thanks Mr. Freak. The guy that tuned mine also tuned it at 19-20 psi, and if anything I still run a little rich. I run about 10.9-11.3 at wot. I have 624cc injectors and a single walbro fuel pump. I may increase my avcr a few duty cylecs higher and watch the afr's closely. Of course if I blow it up, my lawyer will be contacting you shortly.............:evil2:

2jzmk3

not for what i am doing. any more questions message me, so i dont hi-jack marks thread

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
fixing the slipping should be easy... don't they still make those stage 9 clutch kits with 23,000 lb. pressure plates and iron disks everyone talks about?:sarcasm:
in all seriousness, that thing wails. fix the slipping and post another one. where on God's green earth do you find a long stretch of backroad like that?

mrsuprafreak

Where does it end?
Aug 14, 2005
Orlando
www.cardomain.com
87mgte said:
fixing the slipping should be easy... don't they still make those stage 9 clutch kits with 23,000 lb. pressure plates and iron disks everyone talks about?:sarcasm:
in all seriousness, that thing wails. fix the slipping and post another one. where on God's green earth do you find a long stretch of backroad like that?

Yeah, the slipping clutch is very easy to fix if I had 3k laying around. I will get it done after X-mas.
That long stretch of road is my back yard!:naughty: :sarcasm: