Vid of my 2jz mkiii

mrsuprafreak

Where does it end?
Aug 14, 2005
Orlando
www.cardomain.com
I went out with a friend and he used my digital camera which recorded dark and we used a video camera which I have to get the cord to upload the videos.
Gives you an Idea how my car sounds under boost and clutch slipping at times.

Clutch slips in 5th gear in this run!
http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/mrsuprafreak/?action=view&current=supra007.flv

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/mrsuprafreak/?action=view&current=supra006.flv

Clutch slipped in 4th!
http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/mrsuprafreak/?action=view&current=supra004.flv

Last edited:

daneyan

Banned
Sep 1, 2005
South Florida
damn mark that thing is really slippin man. time for that upgrade. maybe u should try the same clutch but with and upgraded pressure plate.

mrsuprafreak

Where does it end?
Aug 14, 2005
Orlando
www.cardomain.com
daneyan said:
damn mark that thing is really slippin man. time for that upgrade. maybe u should try the same clutch but with and upgraded pressure plate.

I need to do something that doesn't cost me 1700 or more i can tell you that! But I don't want to waste my money into doing something that isn't going to hold.

daneyan

Banned
Sep 1, 2005
South Florida
mrsuprafreak said:
I need to do something that doesn't cost me 1700 or more i can tell you that! But I don't want to waste my money into doing something that isn't going to hold.

gotcha, did u already talk to sean about options for a clutch?

2jzmk3

sounds good mark.. you need either the ATS or the OS. but even one of those is going to be over 1700..

maybe a upgraded PP will hold you off for a few months so you can save up for a proper clutch.. but i personally dont think and of the single disk clutchs will hold the power you are making now and/or you will be making in the next few months. especially when you put the built head on.....

mrsuprafreak

Where does it end?
Aug 14, 2005
Orlando
www.cardomain.com
2jzmk3 said:
sounds good mark.. you need either the ATS or the OS. but even one of those is going to be over 1700..

maybe a upgraded PP will hold you off for a few months so you can save up for a proper clutch.. but i personally dont think and of the single disk clutchs will hold the power you are making now and/or you will be making in the next few months. especially when you put the built head on.....

Thanx, still doesn't compare to yours...:icon_mad: I will be calling you tomorrow about that ATS!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
What does your car make for daily driving horsepower. Mine is tuned at 17psi and it makes 452rwhp. I would imagine yours is about 530 or so at 17psi.

mrsuprafreak

Where does it end?
Aug 14, 2005
Orlando
www.cardomain.com
suprahero said:
What does your car make for daily driving horsepower. Mine is tuned at 17psi and it makes 452rwhp. I would imagine yours is about 530 or so at 17psi.

Your right! I'm making around 568rwhp @ 19-20psi I think.

I will have to look at the dyno runs again. I can tell you this, anything under 18psi I hate.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
You can run 19-20 psi and feel safe with it? I was running 20psi for a while, but got scared because of all the negative stuff I read about going over 17psi on pump gas. My afr's showed perfect at 20psi, but I still got scared. I may turn the boost back up some and leave it. If it blows up, I'd just have to rebuild it. I wouldnt mind doing that anyways.