Vid of AZ mk3's drifting

jdmvigor

Cressida
May 26, 2005
Houston
www.786motoring.com
ma71supraturbo said:
LOL he's back. (JDM vigor is the main feature in the video above, but has since betrayed the mk3 and switched to a 240 ;) )

hey man.. just because 240 > MKIII in reliability and drifting....

i still miss my supra... that thing was a beast.. but the 7M sucked for drift reliablility...

p25246_1.jpg

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Wanna see a drift?
http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=208226

Just some good ol' drifters - never meanin' no harm.

Do those guys in AZ have a RHD conversion? If no, why is the passenger sticking his arm out the window? The reason the Japanese do this is to show off - the driver usually gives the peace sign with his right arm out the window as he negotiates a long drift.

jdmvigor

Cressida
May 26, 2005
Houston
www.786motoring.com
eh... the passenger is sticking both arms out the window so yea.. that would be kinda hard to do considering it was done mid drift... also that video was made like 2 years ago so the cars in there along with the driving skill have darastically changed...

plus who gives a fuck what the japanese do.. we are in america..

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
jdmvigor said:
eh... the passenger is sticking both arms out the window so yea.. that would be kinda hard to do considering it was done mid drift... also that video was made like 2 years ago so the cars in there along with the driving skill have darastically changed...

plus who gives a fuck what the japanese do.. we are in america..

I'm saying that if he was trying to imitate the Japanese, he was missing the point - the point of giving the peace sign mid-drift is to show that you are skilled enough to hold a drift and have enough control over the vehicle with one hand.

You saying that you don't care about the Japanese is kinda contradictory, since drifting is the new craze in the USA, the topic at hand, and Japan is really where it hit before coming to the US. Who cares about the Japanese? Every person in that video should, since they all appear to be driving Japanese cars, and you probably should as well, seeing as how you are on a Supra forum.

Toycoma

Four Door Drifter
Apr 2, 2005
new jersey
jdmvigor said:
hey man.. just because 240 > MKIII in reliability and drifting....

i still miss my supra... that thing was a beast.. but the 7M sucked for drift reliablility...

p25384_1.jpg
Ive seen that car on the cressida site before or something maybe you were selling the rims there or a person on there showed it. yeah, i think a guy was showing me it because you were selling the rims

jdmvigor

Cressida
May 26, 2005
Houston
www.786motoring.com
SuPrADr1Ft786 said:
I know this is a pretty old post but why did u sell the Supra, it looks bad ass, what u mean about the 7m not being reliable to drift??? I need to know because if anything im swapping a 1jz

dont get me wrong.. the 7MGTE is a badass engine that can be made very powerful for very cheap... but going through 3-4 of them in 1 year because of drifting i learned the hard way that the oiling system is :thumbsdow

sustaining high RPMs and harsh cornering for long periods of time OWNZ the 7MGTE...

So far my friend has put a 1JZ in his MKIII... it has been doing just fine and makes me miss my MKIII... only thing is that the MKIII still doesnt get the same angle as my 240 does.. :naughty: hopefully they still dont make suspension parts for the MKIII to help that out.. :x:

heres a video of me drifting my buddies S14 just for the hell of it...

http://www.houston240sx.com/GrindVids/Grind 092.mov