Vibration between 2500-3200 rpm

7mLove

Addict
Nov 11, 2009
Barksdale AFB, Louisiana United States
just did a clutch job on the 7m, also replaced the driveshaft with a shaftmasters 1 piece, anytime i get the motor in the 2500-3200 rpm range i have a kinda bad vibration that can be felt through the shifter but even with the clutch pushed in or the car is in neutral you can feel it. i used a south bend stage 2 clutch and pp, any input would be helpful thanks guys...

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Sounds like the driveshaft isn't balanced good. Try putting the stock one on and see if it goes away. If it does send it back.

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
hvyman;1780738 said:
Sounds like the driveshaft isn't balanced good. Try putting the stock one on and see if it goes away. If it does send it back.
It most likely wouldn't be the driveshaft as it is based on engine speed. Driveshaft speed changes directly with vehicle speed, not engine speed. It more than likely has something to do with the clutch since that was just changed and now you have a vibration that changes directly with the engine speed. A loose PP bolt could cause a vibration, did you use loctite on them?
-AM3

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Did this just start after you replaced the clutch? Was the flywheel replaced too? Sounds like the flywheel or pressure plate are not balanced properly if it happened just with the new clutch.

7mLove

Addict
Nov 11, 2009
Barksdale AFB, Louisiana United States
Yes I used loctite on the pp bolts...flywheel was resurfaced. Im going to throw it up on the lift tomorrow and check to make sure they are all still torqued...im hopin I don't have to pull this trans out, ill post an update as soon as I can, thank y'all for the input

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
Probably not a loose PP bolt if you used loctite and torqued them. I would like the answer to Jstoke's question as well, that will really help with pinpointing it.
-AM3