Venting About Paypal

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
This I guess belongs in the off topic lounge, but the reason I'm posting on SupraMania because it's related to me trying to buy parts for my rebuild, I'm also hoping one of the members might be able to help, and I need to relieve some stress due to the Christmas season. I've been a Paypal member for six years and never had this many problems with Paypal before.

Anyway, so I've been trying to buy parts since the 8th and been emailing various members on Supramania. As I'm trying to pay for the parts I keep getting cryptic messages basically stating that "you need to add funds to your account before making a purchase" which is bullshit because I'm paying with my credit card (btw my credit card and bank account are fine).

So finally after a day of frustruation and trying to troubleshoot my account I try to pay for my stuff with my account. Then they lock and restrict my account and make me re enter all my information, reset my password/secret questions, enter my banking info again, reconfirm my email, and digitally upload proof of residence.

Now days later after my account has been unlocked I try to pay someone and again I keep getting the same dumb message that doesn't make any sense. I'm getting so sick of Paypal, I'd boycott them, but I need them more than they need me. Btw, the customer service is garbage there.

Anyway, has anyone else been having problems with Paypal lately? This whole experence has been embrassing.

89nasupra

Sugar, Water, Purple
Apr 8, 2008
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
I had some one hack my paypal account a few years back two weeks before Christmas. My wife gets on the computer then she starts jumping my shit thinking I had ordered all kind parts for my car and when I told her I didn't and i don't know how to use paypal (I always had her do it) we started getting more confirmations for purchaces in Europe. I told her it wasn't me and i have no idea what is going on. Anyway, they eneded up draining my checkign account and got me hit with over 400 dollars in over draft fees. Thankfully my bank gave me everything back including all teh over draft fees and every over draft fee for auto bill pay i had for the month. After everything got fixed i closed my account and never used them again.

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
89nasupra;1649410 said:
I had some one hack my paypal account a few years back two weeks before Christmas. My wife gets on the computer then she starts jumping my shit thinking I had ordered all kind parts for my car and when I told her I didn't and i don't know how to use paypal (I always had her do it) we started getting more confirmations for purchaces in Europe. I told her it wasn't me and i have no idea what is going on. Anyway, they eneded up draining my checkign account and got me hit with over 400 dollars in over draft fees. Thankfully my bank gave me everything back including all teh over draft fees and every over draft fee for auto bill pay i had for the month. After everything got fixed i closed my account and never used them again.

Thanks for all the replies here guys. Like I said I just needed to vent.

I know for a fact that my Paypal wasn't hacked though. I don't know what the problem was, but it was solved when I tried using the same government computer that got my paypal access resricted in the first place.

The thing that pisses me off most in all this is the fact that Paypal has garbage customer service. I emailed them never got a reply, went on the forums = no reply, and the broad that was called at their customer service = worthless. Oh and the irony that I can spend well over 20 grand on paypal over the course of six years and purchase three Supras and a MR2 over Paypal and no one says anything, but the moment I buy a Lex AFM for 60 and I'm denied. Best part, 3/4 of those cars were purchased while I've been in Iraq/Afghanistan. WTF? lol

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
tekdeus;1649292 said:
Only verified merchants can accept credit card payments through PayPal. Regular members like you or me or other Supramania members selling random parts cannot be paid by credit card.

false. i use my credit card for all purchases with Paypal, vendors, individuals, etc, and have never been denied.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Agreed. I recently reached $10k in credit card payments thru paypal, and they forced me to link my bank account to continue. Now I have the extra hassle of needing to select the CC as the payment source. PP is scum. Too bad there's no real competition.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
3p141592654;1649989 said:
Agreed. I recently reached $10k in credit card payments thru paypal, and they forced me to link my bank account to continue. Now I have the extra hassle of needing to select the CC as the payment source. PP is scum. Too bad there's no real competition.

I'm opening a new bank acct with only a little bit of money in it specifically for use with PayPal. I don't feel comfortable keeping my main bank account linked to my PP account, so I recently removed it.

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
shaeff;1650010 said:
I'm opening a new bank acct with only a little bit of money in it specifically for use with PayPal. I don't feel comfortable keeping my main bank account linked to my PP account, so I recently removed it.

thats a really good idea.