Vented hood

Wow that looks real nice! I was sort of wondering how you'd get it perfectly the same on both sides but it looks like you did a lot of measuring. Makes me want to do something like it to my spare hood... but I'd probably mess it up and I'd have to paint it!

85celicasupra

spokane supra owner
Mar 9, 2008
spokane,wa
forums.celicasupra.com
RazoE;1210580 said:
Absolutely love it, maybe you can incorporate a scoop into the cowl, and it'll look just like the 2008 Dodge Vipers..

here is what my hood looks like now
p1210619_1.jpg

and Im considering adding vents similar to the ones in this thread.

Is that like what your talking about.

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
rtrdpenguin;1210614 said:
Wow that looks real nice! I was sort of wondering how you'd get it perfectly the same on both sides but it looks like you did a lot of measuring. Makes me want to do something like it to my spare hood... but I'd probably mess it up and I'd have to paint it!

Not as much measuring as it looks,here's a pic with just the basic opening measured out and cuts made.
p1210757_1.jpg

Measurements: 16 1/2" from back edge of headlight opening.First two vents are 5" front to back(only cut 4 1/2"),third ones are 10" long.
4 1/2" in from the sides,then the "Vents" themselves are 9" wide.
The cuts for the flaps go from 1" at the leading edge to 0 at the rear edge.
I used a piece of angle iron clamped underneath when bending to keep all of the edges even.
It can be done a couple different ways ,this is just how I did it.If you got a spare hood ,give it a shot.

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
alloyguitar;1211127 said:
Let us know how much paint is going to run you.

I'd like to get an idea of cost before I go to the paint store myself.

Was only going there for sandpaper & primer,ended up getting the primer from an old boss,he was pretty low on the sandpaper I need though.I used all Sikkens paint/clears and stocked up some extra(for sidejobs).I got 1 gallon clear w/hardener and reducer,1/2 gallon of black,1 quart of primer,and 1/2 gallon of candy blue for $100,don't have a clue as to retail cost though,'cause I've always got it at the shop's cost

mk3design

The Name is Snakes
Jul 1, 2006
Arizona
Looking good! Ive been thinking about this for awhile now... but youve now inspired me to do it..Ive allready made my cuts... its nothing like yours though....

Cant wait to see the finished product on this!

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
mk3design;1211420 said:
Looking good! Ive been thinking about this for awhile now... but youve now inspired me to do it..Ive allready made my cuts... its nothing like yours though....

Cant wait to see the finished product on this!

Any pics yet?

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
upgradedsupra;1211424 said:
Not really a fan of vented hoods like that especially when you drive it. Rain? That is another issue. :aigo:

Duane
My car will rarely see any rain.That's What I own the cressida's for.My supra is in no way intended to be my DD