Vent holes for leather interior?

Whats up with the little holes in the leather seats of my car? ive seen pics on this site of people's leather interior and all of them hav been just straight leather with no ventalation holes. is this specific to just '88 mk3's? or wat cus its something i've been wondering about for a while now.

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
Stock MKIII Supra seats had them:

86.5-88: The seats both front and back seats have the perforations all over the seats, besides the sides and the headrest of the front seats, the rear seats had almost all the area covered in perforated leather.

89+ : Completely redesigned look to the leather-sewn distribution (look carefully) less bumpy padded surface, and center sections were the only ones perforated.

i dont know if that helps much but i hope it does

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
To me, perforated sections seem to outlast the non-perforated areas of the leather seats. not only do they provide a better look, but they let the leather relax when there is pressure applied on it as ther won't be any trapped air underneath to cause the material to expand and stretch more over time...

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
Auto leather upholstery shops have perf machines or they should have them, but some times it doesn't look stock, the holes are either to close or not close enough. (from my experience)